cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GetFileNameBean for file adapters

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've created a adapter module to get file name and to update o/p stream with this filename - as per How to create modules pdf file.

I ran into this OSS note - 819761 which says the following

"<b>Important: Please note that the file name information is only accessible by modules that run in the File Adapter sender module chain.</b>"

Can anyone tell what this means. I'm using the deployed EJB in the receiver adapter.

And my scenario is File => XI => File.

What does <b>sender module chain</b> mean??

Thank you for all your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parimala,

In Sender Adapter Module , you have access to File name etc. But in Receiver Adapter Module, module is executed first and then control is given to XI.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/cd/5af7c0c994e24fb0d0088443513de2/frameset.htm

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3bdc14e1-0901-0010-b5a9-a01...

Hope this helps

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorthy,

What is accessible in the Receiver adapter. Can I manipulate the data stream before it is committed to the file server.

Meaning, I would like to remove special characters in the data stream, is that possible?

I'm hoping XML has gone through file content conversion and can I access data thereafter?

Thanks.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parimala,

You can alter the Payload in the Receiever Adapter Module.

You can remove special characters in the ADapter module.

Go ahead and hit !

Hope this helps,

Regards,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parmiala,

The File name of the incoming file can be picked up in the sender adapter module. This is what it means by the statement.

Now you can take the file name in the adapter module and add it to the payload. You can use the same to either pass it to the destination payload. If you need to keep the destination(in case it's a file) file name same then you can use variable substitution.

You can also get the file name using Adapter Specific Parameters in Sender file adapter and then retrieiving the data using user defined function. For this you can avoid using module. But for this you hace to be on SP14.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijaya / Krishna,

I'll try writing my java to remove special characters and will let you know of the outcome. Thank you for your advise on this.