cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

km document iview as a related link in a page

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a KM document iview which points to a pdf, assigned the iview to a page, it works fine. But if i try to assign it as a related link to another page, go to the page and click on the link in related links area the document does not come up, and says page cannot be found. Right now i have set the launch in new window property to open in new window. Weird thing is if i set this property to open in portal content area and click on the related link it opens the pdf. Problem occurs only when i set the property to open in new window.

Any ideas Gentlemen?

Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Firasath Riyaz.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firasath,

Compare the URLs in your two scenarios ( when it works and when it doesn't work), may be this will help more to find the problem.

- DILEEP

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Firasath,

Select preview for the original KM Document iView from pcd navigation. Not from the iView object page. If you do this you're able to get the direct URL to the iView and you can paste this as a link to your other document.

Hope it helps

Kind regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ville,

Thanks a ton for taking your time to post a reply.

Yeah, I am able to preview from the pcd navigation structure and it works. The issue is only when I try to open it as a realted link.

I was experimenting a little bit, and found that if I add the iview to a page and add that page as the related link, it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm facing the same problem and would like to know, if there are any new findings? We are on 7.01 SP5.

I wanted to provide the user documentation (URL-iView pointing at a pdf at KM Repository) as 'Related Link'. Some users are able to open the document, some only see an empty window disapearing after a few seconds.

Best regards, Sandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firasath,

I am also facing this issue now. Were you able to fix this issue? If yes please explain.

The weird thing is, if I try to refresh the window the document opens fine.

Regards,

Deepak