SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Program For Student

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In my Campus they need to change program for student, we know that the standard has the following function HRIQ_STUDENT_COP_CREATE_RFC also I know that I can do ti through TX piqst00 but, when I try to transfer all the sessions I need to analyze if the SM correspond for object SC.

Not all of the SM should be transfered, and also a SM sometimes can be recognized with another SM of other program. For example: Mathematics for Engineering can be recognized for Mathematics for Business Administration, they are different SM, but the SM for engineering doesn't belong in the program of Business Administration, then i try t create the Academic Work for this module and the table HRP1724 is not updated for the new CS, only is updated the HRP1725.

How should i analyze the SM's for the program? A couldn't find a BADI. The only BADI found in the SPRO was HRPIQ00REG0012 and the method is used only to change the defaults.

How can i update the HRP1724 so that the SM belongs to the new CS? Because when i try to create the academic work with HRIQ_AW_ACWORK_DT_RFC the SM is not updated.

I have made different examples, but the result is always the same.

Any ideas will be well appreciated.

Regards,

Cesar Felce

5 REPLIES 5

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cesar,

You have two options, depending on the version of SLCM. If you have EHP4, you can use Academic Post Processing triggered from the change of program. You would have an automated system activity following the change of program to check the transferred module completions and determine how they should be handled.

If you do not have EHP4, you can do something similar with BADI HRPIQ00REG0090, which is triggered by the Registration dialog in the Student File.

You would porbbaly need to create some relationship between equivalent modules in different programs that you could look up in your BADI implementation. Also, you shoudl encapsualte that in a function module so that it is re-usable by the post-processing framework later.

I would suggest that you just create module groups of equivalent modules. Then, you can check the CG->SM relationships and the SC->SM relationships after you transfer the bookings from one program to another.

Michael

0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

Thanks for your reply.

I activated the BADI HRPIQ00REG0090, but the method REGPROC_FOLLOW_UP use the parameter of the new SC object and i can't get the academic work for the old SC because i don't have the objid, and of course, I can't analyze the academic work so i can create the new academic work for SC.

I filter the BADI for process RQ01.

Parameter of the Follow Up method:

VALUE( IV_STUDENT_OBJID )

VALUE( IV_PROGRAM_OBJID )

VALUE( IV_PROCESS_KEYDATE )

VALUE( FLT_VAL )

The other parameters are initial.

What can you suggest that can be useful in this BADI so i can call the HRIQ_AW_ACWORK_GET_RFC for the old SC?

Regards,

César

0 Kudos

Just call the function module HRIQ_RFC_STUDENT_REGIST_READ and pass it your student object ID. You will get back the entire registration history of the student if you need the old program data.

Michael

0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

Thanks for the tips, They are really helpful answers, but with a full testing of the HRIQ_AW_ACWORK_GET_RFC i could notice that if I don't put the SC_OBJID it brings all the data...

The other issue is that when i transfer all the academic work HRIQ_AW_ACWORK_DT_RFC i use the parameter PROGUSAGE and in the elearing i found a data transfer guide and it comment that if i use the parameter it will update the HRP1724. I Quote the author Jeroen Boeracker in the guide "Student Lifecycle Management Data Transfer Guide" in pg. 34.

Identifie a valid SC object. If imported, the programs of study will be used to update usage lists in infotype 1724 of the CS object

. But The table is never updated.

What can you suggest?

Thanks for everything!

Regards,

Cesar

0 Kudos

Cesar,

In the function module 'HRIQ_AW_INSERT_USAGE', put an external breakpoint at Line 43 and see what happens. If the system can't get a study object ID from your student/program combination, then the usage list won't get updates.

Michael