cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rfc Timeout Webservice-XI-R/3 Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am having a very peculiar problem . A webservice to Rfc call in R/3 times out if R/3 does not send the response. Due to the bad design of the BAPI in R/3 , if one of the request field is empty , the BAPI will go into an infinite loop where it takes for ever to finish the process. If for some reason ,if that webservice call is made again and again with a missing field, even though the it times out after 3 minutes, in R/3 it will continue process the subsequent requests also. So what is happening is, after a while any other rfc calls to any other BAPI in the R/3 server will also starts to fail. Eventually I was force to restart XI server couple of times in the last two days. The R/3 team is working on fixing that BAPI causing problem and I disabled this service in XI at the receiver determination so that it wont hit my R/3 prod server, but I am not getting the real issue with XI.. why this failure is happening.. I

Any input to this problem is highly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Skaria Manoj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The maximum number of connections is 12.

Thanks

Skaria

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In RFC receiver communication channel we mention the number of Maximum connectiion allowed. I guess, if your CC you hav maintian value 1 for this. Thats y ur subsequent scenario go into error.

Regards,

Sami.