cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict VA02 authorization by division

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is a requirement in my organization to restrict Change Sales Order (VA02) authorization by division. I removed VA02 from the existing roles and created new roles for VA02 for the different divisions we have in the organization, e.g division 10, 20, 30 etc.

I then assigned the VA02_div20 role to a user. However, when testing I see that this user is able to access VA02 for all divisions.

P.S: The older roles have VA01 and VA03 access for all divisions. Typically a user will be assigned all his original roles and VA02_divXX (based on the division he/she is working in).

Please let me know why this would be happening? Is it because the older roles have access to all divisions?

Thanks,

Rugmani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Please let me know why this would be happening? Is it because the older roles have access to all divisions?

If the older roles had access to all divisions then there is no need of new divisions. YOu have to first remove the older roles and assign the specific roles to the use.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The older roles still have access to VA01 and VA03. I am only removing VA02 from these roles. Therefore, I need to retain all divisions in the older roles.

Thanks,

Rugmani