cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI for copying a file to Content Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a scenario where we need to transfer a file into Content Server, create a link to the document in Content Server to a tcode through ArchiveLink, and create a link to the document in Content Server through a third-part application.

Is there a BAPI or RFC that takes the document as input and returns a link to the document in Content Server?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Castillo,

1. consider manual linking.

a.when we uploade original file to DMS ie tc-CV01N through data carrier as 'PC' for front end, which is prerequisit for

identifiying original file path.

b. Now whil saving DIR, we need to Check in to secure storage, ie, using Storage category, ex DMS_C1_ST. this will save as document as logical document. here interesting is acuall phisical conten is stored in Conten server as your case ex Z_DMS.

So SAP DMS is made for Secure storing of originals.

Q?is, how to pass PATHS for this during Uploading, using tools ex LSMW.

In LSMW we can upload originals to DMS.

but i don't know it works for Archive linking.

Benakaraja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you response Benakaraja, but this has to be a programmatic solution. We need a BAPI to add to an interface program to transfer the doucments and add the Archive link.

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

The ended up calling 2 SAP function modules. The fist (ARCHIVOBJECT_CREATE_FILE) is used to upload the file to the document repository. The second (ARCHIV_CONNECTION_INSERT) is used to create the archive link from the SAP object to the image.

Since the first function module is not set for remote access, we wrapped it in a Z module. The second function module is remote callable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Castillo,

We have got a requirement of 'Migrating(Copying) of the existing data sources(any type of Files ) from E-Library, File Server and Auto CAD server(present Client third part servers) to the SAP Content repository(Content server).

Could you please help me if you have the code written since i am not getting where to start.

Requirement was to automate the migration process by a Custom Program.

Thanks

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

We simply wrote a wrapper function module around the 2 BAPIs I mentioned above. It is les than 10 lines of code. But remeber that we are copying the file Content Server useed in creating an ArchiveLink. If you want to use the document in DMS, there are other BAPIs.

- Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Could you please help me how can i start and from where can i start for this Migration program.

Since I am new to this i am getting confused .

Can you tell me what are the Bapi's or Function modules available for Migration of data sources (files) from 3rd party server to SAP Content server in DMS.

Thanks

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

I recommend that you create a new thread as what you are asking is not what we did.

- Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

I have already created a new thread but while i was searching the sample source code for my actual requirement i thought you could help me.

My thread is ''.

Thanks

Satish