cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages exceded HD quota.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the HD quota is full cuz of the messages from the last 15 days (specified in the configuration 'DAYS_TO_KEEP_DATA'), a good solution could be to decrease this parameter? for example from 15 days to 10 days? Is this parameter related with persistent layer? Or I need to add a new archiving parameter ('PERSIST_DURATION')?

If those parameters above doesn't archive/delete messages from DB/SXMB_MONI do i need to run the archiving activity described in the archiving PDF?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gerado,

in SXMB_ADM there possibilities to schedule jobs for DELETION and ARCHIVING. You configure them (how long a specific message should be persistant) as well in SXMB_ADM / Configure Integration Engine / specific Configuration. Have a look to the description of categorie DELETION.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

Thnx for your help, but it is not so clear for me, what kind of subparameter do i need to implement for the DELETION category, there are this options:

- Async

- History

- Sync

Which one is the best to clear/archive all the messages before the last 60 days?

Thnx in advance.

Regards,

Gerardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gerardo

If you want to clear/archive messages for Asynchronous messages you can select this option, for Synchronous messages select this option, and if you want to do for previously created then you select History.

---Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gerardo,

What i mean is select Async for Asynchrounous messages

Sync for Synchronous messages and History for previously created messages.

---Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan, y'all:

i have created a job to archive / delete all the processed messages from all the interfaces, but i don't know why the job it's generating a file.archive that has only 160 Kb's of size with only one message when there are like 225,000 msgs in history, async and sync interfaces (a selected all of them to archive), the job log it's like this...

Job started

Step 001 started (program RSXMB_ARCHIVE_MESSAGES, variant &0000000000110,

user ID XISUPER

Archiving session 000114 is being created

Path: E:\xiprocessfiles\archive\

Name for new archive file: BC_BC_XMB_20060502_181056_Z.ARCHIVE

1 XML messages archived

Job finished

when i run it again, the job log saids that there aren't any messages available to archive cuz, the first job execution deleted the only one that "was available".

Could you plz tell me why is this happening?

Thnx in advance for your help, best regards.

Gerardo.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gerado,

The scheduling of jobs should be clear. U schedule the period for executing a delete / archive program.

This programs does look to the paramters DELETION and ARCHIVE. You can customize, how long a message should remain in the database.

For example: DELETION/PERSIST_DURATION/ASYNC = 10 means, let 10 days old asynchron message in the database, delete older messages. Synchronous messages can be separated to successful and error. HISTORY is for EO messages (this is the way back for acknowledgements).

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Udo,

It seems that sometimes the Archive/Delete job doesn't work properly, i found an OSS note that helps you to review all the job settings and the parameters to correct this problem.

The OSS note is: 872388

I will try to fix this problem following the note steps, cuz the archiving job still not working.

Regards,

Gerardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was testing the archiving/deletion job that i have created and reviewed with the note 872388, it seems that the job its been launched by the scheduler and it seems that it works but the database size haven't decreased...

Do you know how can i solve this problem?

Thanks in advanced...

Gerardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

Have you solved this problem? I have a similar issue on XI 3.0 (SP18). We have archived about 18GB to the file system. The deletion jobs have deleted about 100,000 of the 115,000 messages, but after the DB REORG, the free space has increased by less than 1GB.

Background: I am aware of the pre-allocation of the database containers (files) at the file system level. I am talking about the free space as reported by transaction DB2, goto Space -> Tablespace.

Thanks.

Answers (0)