Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Field mandatory on SU01

sunilv_dev
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to know, If it is possible to make certain fields on user master record mandatory? For user ID creation I want to make Department and Function field as mandatory??

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create a standard transaction variant for SU01 and change the fields.

The general procedure is described in [SAP Note 330067|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/330067] for another field on the roles tab.

First you should perhaps check that SU01 and SU01_NAV is not being used in any batch input recordings, as these might fail.

Cheers,

Julius

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's really a very good not Julius provided with descriptive process. You may also want to view the discussion and process (generic way for all Tcodes) in the below thread..

[Variant using SHD0|;

For any confusion while processing feel free to ask us.

Thanks Julius for the Note..

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please take note that there is some tricky terminology in this area:

There is an important difference between a standard transaction variant and a custom transaction variant (these are sometimes also called "variant transactions" which is not the same as a "transaction variant"). Some OSS notes mix the terms as well.

Creating a new variant assigned to the standard transaction is better in my opinion, as it makes it possible to harden the tcode further without being forced to assign the "core" tcode for the custom transaction variants.

As described in the note, the super users should have the additional standard access, via the additional custom code.

This also means that if "normal" users can navigate back and forth (see transaction SU01_NAV) then they always experience the same screen variant.

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jul 9, 2009 10:11 PM