cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Mapping ... ABAP ,XSLT and JAVA

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Friends

I have a general question ... but it will confuse me a lot ....

my question is we have four types of message mappings

1) GUI ( and UDFs)

2) ABAP

3)XSLT

4) JAVA

when we have plenty of options in GUI (and User defined functions also) to define sender 2 receiver message mapping

then what is need of JAVA,ABAP and XSLT Message Mapping and when we use these message mappings( exactly in which situation) and difference b/w them

Thanks in Advance

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u Ivan .. and i think ur solution is correct and but i have one more questions on UDFs and JAVA ..

basically XI is integrated with JAVA technology ... so in GUI message mapping we have UDFs (that we will be defining in java itself) ..

Now my question is what is difference b/w UDFs and JAVA message mapping

regards

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well,

1.SAP XI is completely integrated to java tech.

2.GUI for standards message mappings generates java codes..in other words...a message mapping is a javamapping autogenerated by the tool.

3. UDF, only define a method, on other hand, with javamapping you can take the control of the all input message(input stream).

I hope this clears your ideas.

Regards

Ivan

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ivan

I have seen this PI Image and what is yellow-colored mean ... and i needed in which situation we will be using XSLT Mapping , ABAP mapping and JAVA mapping....

please guide with an Example

Regards

mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Green = recommended

Yellow = Acceptable

Red = not recommended

In my experience.

XSLT mapping: is confotable to convert to another format different to xml(when we do not have a complex logic)

Java Mapping: is to implement complex logics(but the maintainbilityis not good...you need a external tool)

ABAP mapping: I think is the best option when the you have the skills on that technology but take account that is not portable neither good for usability.

Regards

Ivan

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mahaesh,

We use UDF in between source and target field in Graphical Message Mapping.

Cheers

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masheh,

Pls, see the following image It contains a comparison between all type of mapping programs acoording SAP PI best practices.

[PI Mappings|http://www.imagenonline.com/img_a151006.gif]

I Hope It helps you

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Aamir

i have seen and searched in SDN .. But i did'nt find any difference b/w XSLT,ABAP and JAVA message mapping and y we have to use these mappings wen we have UDfs in GUI

regards

mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Mahesh

If you are new to SDN forum,then please read the forum rule

/thread/117188 [original link is broken]

The question you have asked has been discussed several times in the past.

Just search SDN with the string "Compare mapping techniques" and you will get lots of helpful links.

Thanks

Aamir