cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

Yesterday we had a presentation with the end-users showing them how the report on Bex looks like and they weren't too happy about it. They want a certain things to be included in the query. They want a workbook which has different queries on each tab, which i know how to do it, and they want each tab to be refreshed with most updated data without making a selection in the parameter, filter in this case. How can i do this ?.

I was thinking to remove the posting period and fiscal year from the Filter, but will the query take the most updated data ? i understand their frustrations since they never seen Bex before.

I will appreciate any input or suggestions in how to make this report more understandable for them

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Henri,

Inserting queries into workbooks:

If you want to insert a query into a new workbook:

Choose the symbol for Open...from the BEx toolbar. This brings you to the screen Open SAP BEx:

Select Queries from the left column.

Select a query from all those available. The queries are arranged according to InfoProviders.

Double-click on the required query or choose OK.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3a/89883989676778e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

You can determine that queries are refreshed automatically when a workbook is opened. Choose Properties ® Interaction ® Refresh Query on Opening Workbook from the context menu (right mouse-click) on any part of the query

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f1/0a5502e09411d2acb90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

-Doodle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi doodle,

Thanks for the answer. i'm having difficulties locating properties within a query. well, i found properties button but i didn't find interaction as a next option ?

Message was edited by: Henri Azwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the BEx toolbar you will have an indicator with blue color "->". Click on that and select refresh all queries when opened in the workbook.

I hope this will help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Henri,

Are u looking on the bex analyzer-workbook

Right click properties

it will show SAP BEx Query:Properties screen-->select Interaction tab (second tab)

-Doodle

Former Member
0 Kudos

SOLVED !!! another 10 points for you.

are there any suggestions to make this report more friendly ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i got another questions. when i tried to refresh one of the queries inside the workbook, the rest of the queries did not refresh with the newly selection i made. I checked "refresh query when opening workbook" on properties and i click "ok for all queries" instead of just "ok" but it still didn't work

any suggestions ?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let the users enter posting period and fiscal year in the selection screen. This will help the users understand to understand and get convinced that they are running the query to get the most recent data and also can get old data.

And if you don't want to give the selection screen you can handle by defaulting the posting period and fiscal in a customer exit derived from system date.

Message was edited by: AVR - IGA