cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC_ADAPTER "APPLICATION_ERROR"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm working on a SOAP - XI - R3(RFC) scenario. I use 4 RFC's all of them with the same communication channel (RFC-ADAPTER). This worked fine for several months but know there's one incidence.

One of the RFC's has been changed and when it's called from the SOAP side I get this error, I see three entries on XI SXMB_MONI (before when it worked there were just two entries, request+response):

- One entrie with icon grey circle and message log version

- Next entrie with red circle and RFC_ADAPTER error

- Last entrie with MESSAGE_MAPPING error (but I think this is because I have no mappings for exceptions)

One important question, when the function is executed without no data to return (just few miliseconds) the interface runs ok (two square flags...like formule 1)

When the function is executed with good data it takes 1 second and a half (just the ABAP code)and I find my error..

It seems as if the RFC ADAPTER couldn't wait for this time...our XI is 3.0 SP14...

Does anybody got this problem anytime?? I'm stuck with this...don't know what to do...

Please help!!!

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI David,

You may look into these-

1) After changing the RFC - import the RFC again and refresh the related mapping and activate the IR objects again.

2) If it is synchronous call, and the processing time of the RFC is more, then this type of error will occur. Try to reduce the load and try. Also if number of parallel processing is more this problem may occur. SO if you have multiple RFC calls at a time(multiple messages/files) then try to increase the no.of connections in the RFC adapter configuration.

3) CHeck the RFC is activated in the Application system(R/3).

4) Refresh the cache and try the scenario again.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

First of all thanks for your response...

1) I've re-imported the RFC to XI and activated the IR objects again.

2) We will try to reduce the load of our function but it's difficult, is there no other way to make it work??

3) Yes, it's activated.

4) Cache refreshed but scenario not working.

Thanks again.

Best regards.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Can you check the Mapping once again. This type of error may come, because of Uncaught Exceptions in the RFC.

Go to ST22 of Application System and check for the Logs.

Also change the data and try again. For e.g data format is having some problem, it may give exception.

For this you can try with downloading the input xml from the SXMB_MONI and executing the mapping in the Repository with Test Tab.

Hope it works.

Thanks,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

can you tell how to "increase the no.of connections in the RFC adapter configuration".

"If it is synchronous call, and the processing time of the RFC is more, then this type of error will occur. Try to reduce the load and try. Also if number of parallel processing is more this problem may occur. SO if you have multiple RFC calls at a time(multiple messages/files) then try to increase the no.of connections in the RFC adapter configuration."

i am also facing the same issues of application_error in receiver RFC adapter.

Thanks

Gopesh

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>

can you tell how to "increase the no.of connections in the RFC adapter configuration</i>

This is a parameter in RFC Reciever Adapter..You can see it.

This Application Error may be because of these-

1) Uncaught exception from RFC

2) This is because of data formats/Mismacth in data type of the RFC and the data type of the XI..

For e.g in RFC if you have Integer field and from XI it is going as a string etc.. This type of problem will lead you this error..

3) This will happen while converting mapped data into RFC xml..

Regards,

Moorthy

Answers (0)