Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With Scanning call RFC of create TO and confirm TO W/O SAP WM confg--------

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello expert,

We are using SAP WM functionality. Client is using scanning device for scanning a bar code. Can I integrate scanning with SAP WM to create TO and confirm TO with RFC? We do not want to use RF transaction/SAP RF configuration. Is it possible to call RFC with scanning? If yes how?

Thanks

Milind

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I understand you are not going to use the check digit while TO confirmation with RF.

It means you are using RF gun and scan bar code that will do pick and confirm. Is it right. if right then

You need to create Zprogram(ztcode) that will be linked in the RF menu screen and you are going to scan a barcode that reads the details of material qty delivery etc..and then functional module like "L_to_create" will do the TO creation and do the confirmation with functional module for TO confirmation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

use the RF transaction/SAP RF menu and write your own RF Transaction. i did this for TO single item confirmation like TA LT11 .

it is very easy because you can customize the RF Menu by yourselve. and the way which the RF Device use to comunicate with SAP over an Telnetserver ( Georgia telenetServer ) and SAP-Console is certified by SAP.

br

tony

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Milind,

Hope u are doing fine.

How you will confirm TO ?Is it through RF device or after TO creation ,you will confirm it automatically.

Regards,

Prashant

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

We will be using RF device. In picking process, after delivery is created, TO is created automatically suggesting the WH worker from where to pick the material. WH worker will be carrying RF gun with him. Once he reached the place and scanned the barcode we want that TO should be confirmed automatically in the system with required qty.

How this scenario is possible in SAP using Functional module functionality? We are not going to use std MDE configuration. Please let me know how to call the RFC while scanning?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

With my understanding .....For any pick in WM with RF, will be using the functional module "L_to_confirm" for confirmation of picking. In general WH worker scans first the TO bar code/Ship bar code/any bar code that directs him to go to the bin location with the RFGUN based on his que and use to scan the bin location verification bar code and make sure that that is the right location and picks the qty's that shows in the TO and then confirms immediately.

Now coming to your process you said in the last reply that "TO is already created and worker reaches the place and scan barcode". This is a standard way of doing pick with RF. You said once "he reached the place" it means he should know by scanning pick lable or reading pick sheet a person goes to the location and then you said scan the bar code i.e bin verification barcode and then he confirms the pick. If i understand some thing else.. i don't know... only i know is you need to have a Zprogram thriugh config the RF menu Tcode and that RF screen program will guide you to confirm the TO with GUN.

thanks... tkreddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmm what kind of RF Scanners you will use ? how they will communicate with SAP if you don't use the std.MDE config ?

how you will call the RFC function ? with PHP C++ or did you program a small SAP-gui for your RF Gun's ? how you will handle the Logon from the device if you dont' use the std MDE config ? believe me read more about the std. MDE config. there you can do anything: call RFC functions, run Zprograms etc.

thx tony

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you going to execute only one transaction from your RF device . If yes then you can call functional module directly in SAP , but still I doubtful on this.You have to do create prototype for this . Any warehouse transaction calling on RF & linking to SAP is RF transaction & I believe you have to config MDM in SAP.

If you want to run more than one transaction on Rf device then you have to design RF menu pad.

Regards,

Prashant

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can I call remote function module in SAP from external RF device without configuring MDE functionality in SAP? My requirement is, after scanning the delivery/TO through RF device, remote functional module (RFC) should call in SAP and confirm the TO in SAP. For this task I think it is not required to configure std SAP MDE functionality and call LM transaction. My question is can I create module pool in SAP and then call RFC? Is it possible? If yes how? What will be the inputs in module pool?

Thanks

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I already mentioned in my answer that create a prototype .If you want more than onr transaction on Rf to be executed then you have to config. Rf log on pad.

Regards,

PRashant