cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Help screen doesn't work in a Web Dynpro with 3 keys

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have the a problem: a search help is returning the wrong values for the fields after a selection on the web dynpro screen.

I have a search help Z based on Z table with 5 fields, and 3 as primary key. The aid displays all the search fields 5.

Example:

Result of search of help in your search:

-

FIELD_A (PK) | FIELD_B (PK) | FIELD_C (PK) | FIELD_D | FIELD_E

-

A | B | X | Y | 1

A | C | X | Y | 2

A | D | X | Y | 3

B | B | X | Y | 4

If the user selects the line 1, 2 or 3, the return will always be the first line.

If the user selects a line 4, the return will always be a line 4.

That is, the search help of the Web search is to understand only the CAMPO_A is key.

This does not occur inside SAP ECC!!!

The same problem occurred with the aid of a search help standard (on the web).

The search help only works with one primary key on the web?

Regards.

Douglas S. Santos

ABAP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shaik_sajid
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Douglas

As far as i know, the search helps will have only 1 exporting parameter in web,so its returning only 'A' to u.

But if u want to return more than 1 field then u have to use OVS.

Regards

Sajid'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sajid

I go assess the OVS solution.

Thanks

Douglas S. Santos

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

> As far as i know, the search helps will have only 1 exporting parameter in web,so its returning only 'A' to u.

That is NOT correct. Web Dynpro ABAP Data Dictionary based search helps can return multiple exporting parameters, but there are some technical requirements of you have to construct the context. You need to use a DDic Structure which contains all the help parameter fields and is mapped at the structure defintion to the search help. You then must use this DDic structure as the type for the node. The automatic mapping only happens within attributes of the same node when defined via a DDic Structure (or Table).

Here is the help document on the subject:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/9f724642314aabe10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

Skip down to the Integration section of this document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jung

This question is answered.

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Douglas S. Santos

shaik_sajid
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas,

I have read in a document that

Sometimes the automatic detection of the value help does not lead to the desired

result. Then, the property Input Help Mode can be set to Dictionary Search Help. This

way, the developer can assign any search help to the context attribute that has one

import parameter and one export parameter.

So i thought / misunderstood that it can't go beyond that (ie., multiple fields).

Anyways thanks for the valuable information you have given to all of us.

Regards

Sajid.

Edited by: shaik sajid on Jul 11, 2009 2:02 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think there is a restriction for number of key fields in the dictionary search help. If you are using dictionary search help, check what are the exporting pramaters of the search help. If only the first key is the exporting parameter, the returned value is common for any of the first 3 seletions.

I belive this behaviour is nothing specific to webdypro, go the dynpro(Se11) and verify there once whether this search help behaves properly.

Please ignore the reply if you are not talking about dictionary search help.

Regards,

Manne.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

The same behavior occurred with the standard search help.

)=

Regards.

Douglas S. Santos