cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

from PI can i make a call to a web service and perform actions like select/inserts.

can someone give some insights.

if possible, could anyone point to some blogs or threads. i am not finding similar scenarios to inserts/select etc?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

From PI you can call a webservice and within this webservice you can define whatever logic you want (including select/insert).

This logic will be independant of XI,it will be a stand alone webservice which is capable of taking input as a request and then giving back output of select/insert as response.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmm...

i have a url which goes to start page where i can type commands for selecting/inserting values.

now i need to call this url and insert and select thru PI.

so that url is a web service or not?

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

another question : how will parameters to this web service be provided and what will the parameters be?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>so that url is a web service or not?

URL and webservice are two different things.

You can either pass parameters within the URL(there are some restrictions on this) or you can pass a message structure(XML file) to a webservice.

actual usage depends upon what you have available and in what format you want to pass data.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

i guess i will pass request parameters via flat file and get a response back .

i am assuming this will be synchronous file to soap sceanario?

Any blogs on this ?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>i am assuming this will be synchronous file to soap sceanario?

If you have a flat file on sender side,then you either need to use a adapter module in sender File adapter or use BPM to route back the response from webservice.

There are several blogs/articles/threads on SDN for this,just make a search

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow this link

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/HTTP%20TO%20Webservice

This is Http to SOAP scenario, file to SOAP scenario is also same.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

the blog mentioned looks good by Venkat.

but if we have a file sender why we need a bpm /adapter module ? cant the file just provide the input to web service.

i dont neccessaarily need a file ,i can use anything but provide input to the web service. if HTTP to soap scenario does not need a bpm/adapter module .i could go with that.

Can i get some more idea on this?

thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

file sender does not supports sync scenario,to route the response from webservice back to FTP/NFS server,you need to use either BPM or adapter module.

HTTP to webservice wont require BPM or module,that supports sync call

Thanks

Aamir

Edited by: Aamir Suhail on Jul 9, 2009 1:58 PM

Answers (0)