Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

empty ESR when consuing in developer studio

former_member202443
Participant
0 Kudos

hi all,

I have connected the ESR in developer studio and want to consume services but it shows me "SAP_BASIS, 710 by sap.com" there are no services, it sounds me. Can any one tell me why?? what to do??? Second question is related to this some how that I also like to know if there are several methods and interfaces are available in Enterprise Service Builder how to publish them in order to consume???

Regards,

Naeem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi khan,

If you are using ESR for service definitions.SAP_BASIS ifs the crucial software component which is imported as apart of post installation step.

You no need to touch that.

How to Do:

You have to create

Product/swcv.

Create namespace,

Define the data types

message types

service interface in ESR

Activate all the objects.

Come to NWDS,assuming it is configured.Now when to click on esr view you will see your software component followed by serice interface, then proceed of creating bena skelton.

Regards

chandra dasari

former_member202443
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Chandra Dasari,

Thank you for giving me clear answers. I do understand now the two approaches of designing WS. Regaridng your question to me that what service approach I want to use is that in my case I would use both approaches. In side out and out side in. I have now no doughts about using services.

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created service in seperate SC and those services are available in NWDS from there i have cosumed.

not in SAP BASIS 711

regards

Manohar

former_member202443
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

I have also created services in NWDS some DC it is also available in other DC projects. But you know I like to use ready made services from SAP Basis. It is possible to use them any way???

Anyways one can design the service model and interfaces in Enterprise Service Builder, but I like to understand how to use them further and consume them as service.

Secondly I also like to clear the role of Enterprise Service Builder in CE.

Regards,

Naeem

former_member185845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Khan,

Regarding the ESR in CE71.

As of now we have two approaches for creating services.One is Inside out and second is out side in.

If you are using inside out. you start with Creating EJB/EAPP and generates web services and deploy them.

Then use client program(EJB/JAVA/WEB DYNPRO,VC,CAF..)

How ever if you want to create WS using out side in approach, you model serices for that you use ESR then come to NWDS,generates bena skelton and deploy them.

Using ESR you can make use of GDT'S , Modelling capabilities of ESR with more additional features.

Now tell me what is your develpment approach , and for what kind of ws you want to create?

Regards

chandra Dasari