cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Java Server in AMAZON CLOUD Instance from NWDS CE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there, I have a maybe simple question.

I want to access my installed Java server lying in an so called AMI ( Amazon Cloud instance) from my SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio 7.1 CE.

I can logon remotely in that instance via remote desktop calling an adress like that one : ecX-XX-XX-XX-XXX.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com ( X = number) , I think it´s the adresse to your amazon server instance.

In the old NWDS you have got the remote host by clicking WINDOW>PREFERENCES> SAP J2EE ENGINE.

In the new NWDS you can something like that one by clicking: WINDOW> PREFERENCES> SAP AS Java.

But how can I access that instance and specially my server if I want to deploy anything remotely??

THX JAY

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay

Yep, Preferences --> Java AS Server shall help you. Do not forget to mark AS Java added to the list as default one. When you deploy something with IDE the default system will be used. You can check the default AS Java in IDE perspective SAP Management (MMC analog).

.. And one more thing.. If IDE does not see your remote AS Java ensure that HTTP port 5XX13 is not under the firewall and open on the remote system.

BR, Sergei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , thx for the answer!!

That was the solution

Big thx , jay

Edited by: Jan jay on Jul 10, 2009 3:15 PM