cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CDS_Entries is 0

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have imported a bapi wrapper as data object in the SAP Basis.

I use the BAPI_SFLIGHT_Getlist. i have also created a distribution model, but i think it is not necessary.

Then i have created a simple application in the developer studio and use this data object.

Then i copied the created files *.sda to my emulator. But after synchronization there are no data in it.

And in the workbench there are 0 cds_entries for this data object.

Have i made a failure or i missed anything?

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan,

I hope you created your own SWCV and then created the data object.

If your backend adapter is of type 'DOE Triggered' (I guess it will be DOE triggered when dataobject is created importing bapi wrapper), then you need to perform initial load of data from backend tables to DOE .

Tcode : SDOE_LOAD.Choose the SWCV and the dataobject for which data need to be loaded.

This process runs in queues.Once the process is completed, you should be seeing data in the cds tables.

Right click on SWCV>view metadata>gives cds entries for each node on select of data objects

Once you have the data in CDS, then the distribution rules part of your Distribution model need to be activated

from admin and monitoring portal->administration>distribution rule admin>filter based on DMSWCV-->select the rule and say activate.

Once the rules turn green, the data will be calculated for the eligible devices and will be available in pending extracts for a device.

Up on trigger extract from admin portal(manage devices screen>search for your device>trigger extract link), data will go to device outbound queue.

Now on synching with DOE, this data will be downloaded to the device.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

i havent make an own swcv. If i do one, should i include any data ojbect package? On the creation screen is a field where i can include a package.

And for the Backend Adapter Name, could i give him any name? Or is it a specify name which must exists?

regards

Edited by: Hassan Mohsen on Jul 10, 2009 9:31 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan,

In SDOE_WB , you can create an SWCV and save.

It will be listed along with SAP Basis SWCV.

Then you can right click this SWCV and import the bapiwrapper and create dataobject , DM in it.

Now the newly created SWCV becomes your Data object SWCV and DMSWCV.

Then you need to choose this dataobject from the new SWCV for application development.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Backend adapter name can be anything that uniquely identifies that object.

There is no specified name for this.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan,

I guess your query was on what to fill in dataobject package in SWCV creation screen.

You need not specify anything there , mandatorily you can fill name, vendor,version(it could be any names).

Backend destination you can specify if your backend is another system.(The RFC destination name to that system)

This could be given at later point also.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys for your help.

I have done this steps, but their are still 0 entries. So i think it is because i dont give the backend adapter default values. As i see the bapi BAPI_SFLIGHT_GETLIST needs input parameters. So i entered the necessary default values and wanted to execute the sdoe_load again, but it say that it is already triggered.

How can i stop it? Or have i stop it and start it again?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

select load type as delta download and trigger again.

Regards,

Beevin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It doesnt work, there comes a runtime error.

I make a new one.

Another question!

First i would like to take the bapi BAPI_FLIGHT_GETLIST but this bapi doesnt work, because if i create it, the message "Data object can have one root node only (hierachy = 1) "

Is there a workaround for this problem?

regards

rohith_deraje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please watch the below thread for the same issue.

Regads

Rohith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan,

I tried this myself and am getting the same error. DOE ships few sample BAPI wrappers for learning purpose. Maybe you can use them. The function group SDOE_SAMPLE_BAPIWRAPPERS contains all the BAPI's.

Best regards,

Vinodh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

yes thanks.

Now i have 27 entries and thats correct.

Now i have created an application in the developer studio. Only one table with the fields from the data object

Is this enough, because if i go to syncronize and back to my applications there are no data?

regards

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From the previous discussion, i think Distribution model is not defined for this data object. If nt create a distribution model and distribution rule to get the data.

If Distribution model is already created with rule, then check whether rule is active or not?

If rule is active then goto device administration and check for the device with which you are working. Check if you see any link with name "View Pending Extracts". If yes, then click on the link and then click on "Trigger Extract" button.

After this sync with the client. You should be able to see the data.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

thanks that is what i havent done!!!

Now it works

thank you all guys.

regards

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Without clicking on Trigger Extract button everytime whenever data is distributed to device. You can select the option DO_SYNC_EXTRACT. So, taht data will be distributed without any click from your side.

Goto Administration portal.

click on "Configuration" link

Select DO_SYNC_EXTRACT parameter from the table

Click on "Add" button

In the row which was created, you can choose your data object using input help and provide value as 'X'.

click on Save button.

With this data will be distributed automatically to device.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

that doesnt work.

The message "View Pending extracts" still comes. And the Dataobjects will not be triggerd automatically. I have to click on Trigger extract.

Is it a problem that the parameter DO_SYNC_EXTRACT has no cross in Perfomance Relevant?

When the DO_SYNC_EXTRACT will beginn to work? Have i syncronize at first?

regards

Edited by: Hassan Mohsen on Jul 14, 2009 11:01 AM

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whenever device gets data (Either from backend or from other device), data will be extracted automatically. Did you add your add data object in table list which gets displayed on click of DO_SYNC_EXTRACT parameter. Value should be provided as 'X' (Capital letter). After setting this, it will start triggering automatically for the instances which comes from now onwards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i have.

There are all my Dataobjects with a X

And in the "View Pending extracts" i see the state "ready".

Former Member
0 Kudos

The configuration "Refresh Queue" i have selected synchrounisly and all data objects for my device.

Do you think this is why it doesnt worked?

regards

rohith_deraje
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have set the configuration (synchronous extract = X) after getting the instances in pending extract, it will not extract automatically. If this is the case, you have to manually trigger the extract for the first time. After this for any delta load, data will flow to the outbound queue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok but i have testetd it now.

The first time i have executed the Trigger manual by clicking.

I created a scheduled job that every minute it happen a delta load.

And i added all data objects for the parameter DO_SYNC_EXTRACT with a X

After that i made data entry for one of the data objects.

Now i see again in my administration portal that there is the link VIEW PENDING EXTRACTS

After clicking i see the dataset which i have done for 2 minutes.

It doesnt generate it automatically!!!

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan,

On triggering extract is it going to device outbound queue?

Because if the DMSWCV is not operational for that device, then even if you configure sync extract , the data will remain in pending extracts link.

First clear the pending extracts , then try creating new data in the backend and see if it works.

Incase you see a reason for not extracting as 'DMSWCV' not operational, then you have to assign DMSWCV from manage DMSWCV tab for that device.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can also check if any queues in SMQ2 are in ready state or sysfail state.Incase in ready state, please unlock the queue and execute it.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

in smq2 and smq1 are no conflicts. There is all clean.

And yes the DMSWCV are assigned to the device.

In the Outbound queue are the data objects which will delivered to the device, too.

But there is no autmatic step now?!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thanks Lija,

The problem is solved. I dont know if this is the solution, but i have deleted the dmswc from the device and assigned it again.

now it works. thanks

regards

hassan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan,

1) Before a dataobject is marked as 'DO_SYNC_EXTRACT' , the pending extracts for devices has to be cleared by triggering extract.

2) Now that you see pending extracts are cleared and DO_SYNC_EXTRACT is marked to 'X' , from now on any data being send from backend should reach device outbound queue directly.

3) One way it can still be present in pending extract is only when the corresponding DMSWCV is not operational.(DMSWCV tab willl give the status as operational or non-operational')

Regards,

Liji

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan,

Adding to the above reply, make sure that you mark all the necessary key fields especially in the child nodes of the Data Object.

When you import your BAPI wrapper as Data Object, the key fields for child nodes will not be marked. You have to do it manually. Only then you will start getting data when you perform load.

Best regards,

Vinodh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hasssan,

When you create your own SWCV, its not needed to assign a productive package. You can always assign SWCV, Data Objects, Adapter, DM's to $tmp(local object). Incase you need to transport it in future, you can add it in a package.

Best regards,

Vinodh