cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS Utilities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are using the JMS adapter along with MQ Series and the content convesion bean module on XI 3.0 (sp23). This works fine most of the time.

But when a problem occurs with a message stuck at the JMS Adapter layer, it is impossible with RWB to see the source message in its unparsed state. After some retries a message will fail and disappear presumably into a JMS dead letter queue. This is bad!

We would like to know the best tools to inspect, troubleshoot, and resubmit messages that can get caught up in JMS adapter level.

Some things on our list but we aren't sure about: JMS Telnet tool (not enough features?), SAP Management Console (won't work with XI3?), Hermes, JMS API to write our own, etc.

Your advice is greatly appreciated!

Aaron

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For messages that disappear from the Component Monitoring area after failing its retries, be sure to check the Message Monitoring area where you can resolve these by canceling or resending. This is fine for everything I've encountered except for parsing errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi aaron,

guess no tool best fits your req but i think MQExplorer is the most descent one.

on the other hand, in case you have this issue on reciever side then i feel the error that you get is because of an inappropriate setting for Handling of Pending XI Messages. Have you already checked that?

for sender, you will have to rely on such queue browsing techniques...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the tool MQJexplorer (http://www.kolban.com/mqjexplorer/) - it's a little bit older, but quite good!

Regards,

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for suggesting MQ Explorer and MQ J Explorer, we'll load it up and try it.

I'm really surprised there is not better functionality as part of SAP to do this but maybe that is really the case and we have to go 3rd party.

Any other suggestions or experiences? If your shop has a similar MQ / JMS adapter configuration, what is your process to monitor and troubleshoot message problems at the JMS layer? I plan to update a wiki with the information.

Best regards,

Aaron