cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thread formatting after copy/pasting the text

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There seems to be some bug with the text formatting when the text has been copy/pasted from, say, MS Word into a reply. If I need to write a rather lengthy reply, I usually use Outlook or Word to type it in and then copy/paste it in SCN.

But for some reason all paragraph marks are getting removed from the text and it looks like one long paragraph, which is unreadable. I tried deleting the blank lines between the paragraphs and adding them again directly in the reply editor, but it did not help. When I open the post for editing, it looks fine, but in Preview all blanks are gone. Here is an example:

I've seen the posts by other users looking like this and wondered what gives, but now I understand. Could anything be done about this?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i did some changes to your post, just see..

i added br tag at each paragraph. now it is looking good.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you! Is there anything I could do myself next time? Should I add <br> tags or something like that?

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please Try to use "Enter" where ever you require some break in paragraph, after Copy/Pasting the text.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Please Try to use "Enter" where ever you require some break in paragraph, after Copy/Pasting the text.

Actually I did, but it didn't make any difference, unfortunately. The tags are working though. Thanks!