cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Description field in Components overview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to procure a material which is not codified. I want to procure this by directly giving the description in the Components screen. But this Description field is in display mode. Is this SAP standard as I had checked with the MM config also which is not in Display mode for the PR type.

Can anyone guide me where I can change this or standard SAP does not allow this.

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinvidh,

Can you brief out the business process, cause it not completly clear what you would like to purchase. and what do you mean by codified?

Here in components you can assign a text component and give the desired text, generally we do this for procuring services which is also done through service activity and service entry sheet.

please be a little more in your requirement.

reg.sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi NAG,

Thanks once again. I tried that but the UoM field is also in display mode, hence system demands to enter the UoM first (obviously it will ask). So, now how to enter the UoM so that I can check whether it allows description for Item category 'N'.

Hi Sampath,

Thanks for your reply. What you had mentioned is for service, I am asking about materials.

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintaining the UOM is depend upon the material, what you are going to procure?? Whether the UOM of the material may be EA,KGS,MT. Select the standard UOM by pressing F4 on UOM filed. After that system will ask you to enter the description,purchasing data for the material.

Regards,

Nag.

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can procure the material with description by using item category N-Non stock item. Normally for nonstock items material code will not created in the system and procurement done through material description only.

check the same and any issue do revert.

Regards,

Nag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nag,

Thanks for your reply. My problem is that the "description" field is appearing only in "Display" mode. It is not editable, how to make this field editable.

thanks.

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In standard practice after you entering the material number the material description automatically picked from the master data.we can't edit the material description in cj20n.

If you are procuring the nonstock item with item category N then it will allow you to enter the material description.

Regrads,

Nag.