cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create project in NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I configured NWDI in my NWDS and am trying to import a project that my colleague has developed. it is a portal application project.

after importing the project, an automatic DC build is performed and an error "Missing Required soruce folder NAME_OF_DC/src.api" is thrown.

what could be the reason?

but when i create src.api folder in the project structure and do a DC build everything is fine.

so, why wasnt this checked in, when it is important for creation of a project. do we need to setup somethign for this to be checked in.

when i created a folder src.api manually in the project, why didnt it popup for an activity.

My colleague when he was developing, he didnt put any files in src.api.. he just put them under src.core and i could see all the source files under src.core in the project that i imported. only the empty folder src.api is not appearing, which is causing this problem.

please help!

Thanks

Message was edited by: yogi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think while creating the track in the landscape configurator of CMS for the SC, while adding SC you have an option of selecting the package type if you select "archive", i think the source is not checked into DTR. You might want to check it.

Thanks and Good Luck,

Firasath Riyaz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Riyaz,

THnaks for the reply, but the sources are already checked in into DTR. in the project that i imported, all the source code is available under src.core.

problem is "src.api folder is not in DTR and so when importing a project, i couldnt see this folder in the project tree and is the source of error. there are no source files in my colleagues project tree. might be that is the reason, why DTR check this empty folder in"

any other clues that you can think of?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case src.api does not contain any classes it is indeed not checked in to the DTR (only files are checked in, thus empty folders are omitted).

The project type however wants this folder, that's why you're getting this error. There's an easy workaround:

1. Rightclick the project

2. Click Properties...

3. Go to the Java Build Path

4. Click OK

NWDS should now create this empty folder for you and the error should be gone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

it works Pascal, How did you find that.. it was awesome.. because i used to do even a DC build, but the folder is not created. clicking OK helps.. oh man...SAP gotto allow to check in empty folders

i dont know the reason, i am not able to see the radio buttons for the points.. any changes in the point system?

thanks

anyhow will assign the points once it is active for me.

Message was edited by: yogi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SND points system seems to be offline at the moment. Please come back when it's working again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

U r the man!!

Yeah.. This is problem... Not allowing empty folders!!

Thanks, pascal

Answers (0)