cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stylesheet Editor for WebDynpro ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I'm in the need of generating a custom theme for webdynpro ABAP applications running on ITS. There is no portal involved! We are on EHP1. I was able do export the standard themes via Report WE_THEMES. I downloaded the Theme Editor Plugin for NWDS from SND and created a theme project based on the exported themes. Unforunetly the themes don't display. I supposed because they are version 7.11.2.1 - older themes do work ie 7.0.15.1 .

The sap help for EHP1 [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/74/0beccf62a7425ab9e1b2077fa1bc6e/frameset.htm] states to use the stylesheet Editor: "You can download this stylesheet editor in SDN as of 7.02 (7.0 Enhancement Pack 2)." to create customer stylesheets.

I wasn't able to locate that mentioned stylesheet editor on SDN. Does anybody know where to find it? Or do they mean the old unsupported theme editor (that doen't work with newer themes)???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

With 7.01 and the new lightspeed rendering as well as the new theme sap_tradeshow_plus - we are no longer able to edit the themes with the standalone theme editor due to technical incompatibilities. SAP is in the process of building a new standalone theme editor. This new editor is still in development - hence the reference in the help to 7.0 Enhancment Package 2. 7.02 is not released yet and is still in development at SAP, therefore there is nothing to download just yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

thanks for clearing that up. Do you know of any time horizon when SAP will be done with the new editor? Modifying the themes by hand is not really an option since there are too many changes.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Sorry, no final release dates for 7.02 are available yet. Hopefully we will be able to anounce something during TechEd. You can expect that it won't be until sometime in 2010.

former_member193202
Participant
0 Kudos

any news about that topic, as nearly one year old topic? the help ins nw 7.00 ehp1 still says download from sdn??

best regrads,

oliver

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The updated version of the standalone theme editor has been posted on SDN. For now the standalone theme editor remains an unsupported download on SDN (even for NetWeaver 7.02). NetWeaver 7.02 begins rampup in June as part of the Business Suite 7i2010 (basically all the latest enhancement packages for the Business Suite - for instance ERP 6.0 Enhancement Package 5).

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> NetWeaver 7.02 begins rampup in June ...

PAM yesterday had it as "Ramp Up Planned 15.04.2010" - today "19.04.2010"... it's like watching for flight departure times from Canberra airport on a Friday evening

In anycase I hope it comes soon!

-Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

with this updated version, the problem with LS theme is not solved right? It's still not possible

to change theme for lightspeed mode!?

Edited by: Christopher Linke on Apr 22, 2010 2:35 PM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I'm not sure what LightSpeed restriction you are refering to. In LightSpeed rendering you can use any of the themes - including custom ones. What you can't do is to customize the SAP_TRADESHOW_PLUS theme. You just can't use this particular theme as your starting point. You can use any of the other themes as your start, custom it with the portal or standalone theme editor and then run with LightSpeed rendering turned on just fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

i can't verify your conclusion. I change the "Background Color of Application" with Eclipse and export the Theme (which is a copy of sap_tradeshow) to Web Dynpro. When i'm searching this Background Color in generated .ZIP, i found that these files are adapted to new background color:

projectdataztest heme

project hemesurztesturur_6.9_ie6.css

project hemesurztesturur_7.0_ie6.css

project hemesurztesturur_7.1_ie6.css

project hemesurztesturur_6.9_nn7.css

project hemesurztesturur_7.0_nn7.css

project hemesurztesturur_7.1_nn7.css

project hemesurztesturur_ie6.css

project hemesurztesturur_nn7.css

But, as found also in SDN, the file which is used for this Background color is in LS directory.

So, i don't see any changes in my WD Application!?

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

I'm facing the same issue, I need to change WD ABAP theme, I downloaded and installed version 2 of theme editor, but:

1. no preview is shown within the ecplipse tool

2. theme modifications are not transferred to LS css file, I tried to change background colour of a button and using wd lightspeed rendering no modifcations are shown. I checked also into ls css classes and no colour changes were written.

So, I'd like to ask you if you find any solution/workaround about this, the only way I can imagine is to change manually those css files.

Another question, this time is for all forum's people, is, AFAIK SAP is recommending to develop web apps using WD (JAVA or ABAP) and this is great since I think WD is very good programming pattern, but many times customers do not accept standard WD themes look and feel. So, what are SAP recommendations about changing WD (mainly ABAP) themes? If it's to use standalone theme editor this drive us to impossibility to change sap_tradeshow_plus (the most charming one) theme and also to modifiy visually ligthspeed css files. So currently, according my knowledge, I see only two ways:

1. modifing manually lightspeed css files

2. use BSP, developing an our own theme or using some UI framework like Dojo, extjs and so on.

what do you think guys?

Many thanks

BR

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

I am also having a similar requirement - is it possible to use Adobe Flash Island to get the customized UI and also retaining the WD pattern intact, or it will be a performance hit. We have to customize the look and feel of the PLM 7.1 web UI.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

Any news on when there will be a theme editor available for ABAP only installations? (no portal)

Thanks.

Best regards,

Martin Søgaard

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

ist there any update on this Topic ?

I have 702 and I really need to change somes StyleSheets.

Is there a soulution ?

Best regards, Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the new UI Theme Designer will be released as an ABAP add-on called UI Add-On. The latest version is 1.0 SP 04 but it's not generally available yet. See the attached blog for details.

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-portal/blog/2013/06/07/portal-theming--also-waited-a-couple-o...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you got a portal installation? I might be able to provide a workaround for changing your styles until the new UI Theme Designer is available.

0 Kudos

Thank you for this information. I'll have a look at this.

Best regards, Matthias

0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

no I do not have a Portal ... but thanks for the hint.

BR Matthias

Daniele_Sgi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas, and to all of the discussion,

I need someone to make me a bit of clarity, I see the "ABAP add-on called UI Add-On" but only references to HTML5 !?

I need a tools "UI Theme Designer" that supports "Web Dynpro ABAP" applications (without portal, alone in SAP Ecc 6.0 (7.31 Ehp 6).

Link for "How to install it ?"

Link for "How to use it ?"

Thanks.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

The UI Theme Designer which is included in UI Add-On 1.0 SP04 and later can be used to create themes for Web Dynpro ABAP as well or any UR based application. No portal is required.

The link to UI Add-On documentation is http://service.sap.com/instguides -> SAP NetWeaver -> User Interface Add-On for SAP NetWeaver. There are also developer guides there.