cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handle a Simulation Version in Background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we would like to modify some block data (in Heuristic fo Block maintenance) for a specified ressource BUT in a simulation version.

To be more specific, when we go on /sapapo/cdpss0 and select a simulation version, the we click on Process in Graphic form, then select a specified ressource, click on SAP_CDPBP_03 and change some data for the block listed.

We would like to do this in background (BAPI, MF, or others), as Batch Input doesn't seem to work for the /sapapo/cdpss0 transaction in Graphic Form Processing.

Is there any way to achieve that, or does the simulation functionnality only works in Transactionnal mode ?

Thank's in advance !!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cousture,

There are two ways of handling simulation version. One in the active version and another in the inactive version.

It is always recommendable to carry out simulation studies in active version in foreground only because once you

adopt the changes into active version, if it is master data change, it will affect the data and users.

That too, for graphical objects, if it is carried out in background, it leads to performance problems.

Moreover, there is no sap std feature available for carrying out in background

I checked the badi/bapi also and no such is available.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's what I feared ...

Thank's anyway !

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure exactly what you want to change, but one option is to create a custom heuristic based on SAP_CDPBP_03 and customize the code to do exactly what you want. Your developer should know how to do this. If you do create a custom heuristic you do not have to run it in background - it will automate a step for you in foreground. Doing this in background will cause the changes to be saved but in foreground you can modify, save or discard. So if I understand you question about simulation, yes online transactional mode is the only way you can simulate without saving. To get around this you can run your simulation using an alternate planning version but you may face the issues Senthil has mentioned. If you do run SAP_CDPBP_03 in background there is no need for the graphical interface as that is designed for user interaction.

Andy