cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Material with Item Category TANN"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I am suppose to create a material master for an - Operating Instructions. (Manual)

And this is offered as a free item.

How do I maintain this material.

Under MM01:

GenItemCatGroup - NORM ?

Item Category Group - NORM ?

Is There anything else I need to maintain?

Thanks regards

Ahmad Yahya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now I can say that your second material is not determined as a Free Good.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So Ravi

In this case what do you reckon?

Do i maintain a free goods condition record? - VK11

And what normal condition recoed maintained for Free goods?

Thanks

Regards Yahya

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Free goods condition records are created using the Tcode VBN1. Before creating the condition records, ensure that you have done all the configurations for free goods determination. If you are not aware of the process, you can search the forum and you will get many threads clearly explaining the process.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Ravi

Regards

Ahmad Yahya

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it matters. You can check whether it is linked with the main material or not by looking at the POSNR of the main material and this material and also the value in the field 'HlvItem' which should be the posnr of the main item. This field will be nearer to the quantity, UOM fields in the overview screen of the sales order. If you donot see any link between these two line items, then we can say that it is not determined as a free goods and hence it will not determine TANN item category.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi

I am trying to figure out what you mean, I am a bit new to this.

Them main item has allocation 10

and the second item has allocation 20,

But wthin the HgLvIt field its blank for both items.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you getting the second line item in the sales order with this material. If not, maintain the Free Goods Condition records and then the system will determine this material with TANN item category as a sub item.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Yes material is the second item in the sales order doc. but does it matter?

Could you explain your suggestion in detail please.

Thanks

Regards Yahya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

You can create this material as Standard material.

TANN will only tell you that this material is not relevant for pricing and rest all is like standard material.

Thanks,

Raja

sunil_p4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As said in the above you can create the material with material type FERT finished goods and with Item category group as NORM.

Item category determines how a material should behave in the sales order.

Then the Item category determination will be:

Sales doc type + Item category group (material master) + usage + higher level item category = Item category

Item category TANN is used as Free goods,

You can directly give this as free goods or also when even you buy with a material, you can give this as Free:

OR + NORM = TAN

OR + NORM + TAN = TANN

Regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create separate item category group by copying NORM. The new item category group needs to be maintained in the material master data.

now in item category determination you need to maintain as follows

Sales document type + new item category group + TANN as the item category.

Regards,

Ravi Duggirala

former_member315051
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, you can create like above , and you have to maintain item category determination for TANN in T Code: VOV4.

OR==NORM==TAN==TANN

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Like Ramesh said, however the entry he mentioned is a standard, so should be there.

If you are using another sales order type (not OR), then check the entry for it (you can copy from OR if its not there).

For VOV4 you can use as well SM30 and V_T184.

Basically you create a material with category NORM

regards

Rafal

please check this

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/dd/55fb13545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm

Edited by: Rafal Drezek on Jul 9, 2009 2:42 PM

Edited by: Rafal Drezek on Jul 9, 2009 2:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do I need to mainntain anything in MM01?

former_member315051
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Do I need to mainntain anything in MM01?

Nothing special data is required in MM01 for this , you can create material with GenItemCatGroup - NORM ,

Item Category Group - NORM and maintain Item cat determination as mentioned my thread above.

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> Do I need to mainntain anything in MM01?

Yes all the material related setting in all the views.........and not the item or determination.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to create material first. so you are required to maintain data in MM01, including item category group.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

As mentioned in this tread.

Material has been created with the following categories

Gen Item Cat > NORM

Item cat gp > NORM

and in VOV4,

I maintained

OR = NORM = TAN = TANN

but in the sales doc, material is coming up as TAN instead of TANN.

Any ideas why?

Edited by: kofiyahya on Jul 9, 2009 9:44 PM

skrishen9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kofi

I think you can handle the issue with item category TATX. In VOV4 do the settings

as per your requirement and fetch the item category TATX based on your item category

determination. This item category will not have pricing. So no need to go for the TANN.

Since i dont have access to sap I am not able to simulate. Hope it will help you

Thanks

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kofihaya,

System is giving correct item category as per the setting you have done.

Item category is determined in the sales order by 4 factors

Sales document type + Item Category Group + Usage + Higher level item category.

Now here

your Sales Document type is OR

Item Category group is NORM

Usage : NIL

Higher level item category : NIL ( assuming this is only material you have entered)

So there must be one combination for this where

OR + NORM + , + , = TAN

check whether this entry is exist or not? I am sure it would be.

Item category of this material will be become TANN as per your setting if this material will have some higher level item category as TAN.

Hope it clears.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You maintain "Item category group" NORM in the Sales org 2 tab, this is used for sales organisation and distribution channel for Outboumd delivery.

The "General Item category group" does not refer to the Sales organisation and distribution channel, this is used for Inbound delivery.

In can create the material master in MM01, specify the "Material type" and "Industry sector" .

For, Item category determination in VOV4, you need to assign like this as below,

Sales doc type + Item category group + usage + Item category of higher level item = Item category.

Item category determination for free item,

OR + NORM + FREE + TAN = TANN.

As beacuse you are giving the normal material as free, therefore you must give the indication to the system to use it as free material by specifying the usage as "FREE".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Item category determination for FREE item has been maintained. (VOV4 > OR + NORM + FREE + TAN + TANN)

Yet still in sales doc. material is comming up with TAN.

I am wondering, if within MM01 this material has Item category group as NORM, then how will it determine its final item category as TANN, since in VOV4, there are several configurations as per.....

OR + NORM ........

OR + NORM.........

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja

Are you saying there should be only one combination of

OR + NORM + + = TAN

Then I should go ahead and maintain

OR + NORM + + TAN = TANN

Edited by: kofiyahya on Jul 10, 2009 7:03 AM