cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronizer Settings: Row-Level Comparison

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We had some issues when updating user statuses on service orders. Apparently sometimes the service order was marked as "modified" by SAP, causing the changes from MAM on the service order to be ignored. Even when backoffice didn't change anything on the service order.

In the logs of the inbound worklist, we found the following:

Line items: R/3 key=004000666973, synchronization key=0103874528, action=M, item number=25

Line items: add=1, changed=0, deleted=0, not changed=0

Objects found in R/3=1, passed filter=0, loaded filter=1

Objects: Add=0, changed=1, deleted=0, not changed=0

Getting synchornizer worklist records (mobile ID=0000041193, #=1)

TOP record (seq.no.=331, counter=0000000001) read for mobile ID 0000041193

TOP record read from R/3 itab; conflict detected (sync key=0103874528)

Header action from mobile="MOD", R/3 action="MOD"

What this item number 25 exactly is, I have no idea.

Now it seems that when enabling Row-Level Comparison in the Synchronizer Settings for ZMAM25_001 objects did solve the problem: no conflicts anymore! The problem is that I don't find any documentation where this functionality is described in detail. I know more or less what it should do, but I would like to know some more details, e.g. impact on system performance, before enabling this option in production.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Diederik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Diederik,

SAP NetWeaver supports conflict resolution at 2 levels - at a syncBO level (Ex: MAM25_001 or Order) or at a syncBO Item (MAM25_010 Item 080 i.e. Order Operation) level.

If you choose the SyncBO level conflict resolution then even if a single row of data is in conflict with then the entire syncBO in the client is replaced with the one from the backend. In Item level conflict resolution only the items in conflict are replaced.

Coming to the performance aspect the steps followed in the middleware are as follows:

1. The middleware finds if there is a conflict.

2. If there is a conflict and the conflict level is SyncBO then it just ignores the client data.

3. If there is a conflict and the conflict level is Item then the Sync BO from the client has to be merged with the one from the server. This is the additional step.

Under normal circumstances it should not have a great impact. Assumption is that these conflicts are not common and do not happen in large numbers everyday. If the conflicts are huge then you might have to look at the business process rather than worry about the system performance.

Regards,

Dilip

http://indience.com

http://www.indience.com/index.php/products/mobile-asset-management.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dilip,

Thanks for your clear answer.

We are now testing this functionality in one country. If successful we'll use it for ZMAM_001 and maybe also ZMAM_010 syncBO's.

Have a good day!

Diederik

Answers (0)