Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

prerequisite for JDBC scenario

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am working on PI 7.0 . My server is placed on some remote side. Now i want to do jdbc scenarios. But for that we should have deployed the jdbc drivers. Here is the problem is the just giving the access the share the pi server only... they told me like we have deployed jdbc driver for Ms SQL and Oracle but we cant give the user name and password to access the database.. But if i want to do jdbc scenario , i should have the rights to acces there scenario right. or i can install a MS SQL or Oracle server in my local system and can i transfer data from PI to Database or vice versa,,, If Yes how do that?? please help me experts...

Regards,

Balaji

Edited by: Balaji Pichaimuthu on Jul 9, 2009 2:08 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

they told me like we have deployed jdbc driver for Ms SQL and Oracle

If you want to access that database, then these drivers must be installled on the PI system.

But if i want to do jdbc scenario , i should have the rights to acces there scenario right.

Correct. That the way scenarios are configured.

i can install a MS SQL or Oracle server in my local system and can i transfer data from PI to Database

There is no need to install the complete datatbase on PI system. Better would be asking for authorizations.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

They already deployed the drivers then no problem.

1.But if i want to do jdbc scenario , i should have the rights to acces there scenario right?

Ans: Yes without know the database credentials we can't configure the scenario.

2. i can install a MS SQL or Oracle server in my local system and can i transfer data from PI to Database or vice versa,,, If Yes how do that??

Ans: Not required.

In addition to that we have to know the database host name, port and driver name.

Regards

Ramesh

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi prateek and venkatraman,

Thanks for your replies,

But my problem here in this institute they sharing the Pi servers from US which some other institute.. but they are not giving access to their database even though they deployed jdbc driver for Ms SQL and Oracle.. Can i instaill MS Sql or Oracle here in local system can i access from PI ....

Regards,

Balaji

Edited by: Balaji Pichaimuthu on Jul 11, 2009 7:32 AM

Edited by: Balaji Pichaimuthu on Jul 11, 2009 7:32 AM

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If suppose you do a file to file and setup a FTP server in your local system....then is PI able to pick files from your system?....if the answer is yes then even accessing the DB in your system should not be a problem.....

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abishek,

Yes i can do file to file scenario using FTP server

I copy and paste a file in input folder placed in remote server and the FTP server ill pick the file and it

will transfer to output folder which is created in remote site ..

Now how to achieve the JDBC Scenario

Regards,

Balaji

Edited by: Balaji Pichaimuthu on Jul 11, 2009 1:15 PM