Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro with HTTPS link

Stefan0711
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to access a WebDynpro for ABAP on an ERP system from our SAP Enterprise Portal.

Since our portal is only supporting Single Sign On with HTTPS due to security reasons, I need to access the WebDynpro with a HTTPS link.

How can the links of WebDynpros can be changed to HTTPS protocol since they have all HTTP link at the moment.

Thank you a lot in advance.

Regards

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The ABAP application server needs to be configured to support HTTPS at the basis level. You can check the status in transaction SMICM. If you click Goto->Services, it will show you which services are setup and what ports they are running on.

>How can the links of WebDynpros can be changed to HTTPS

Which links? Once HTTPS is setup you can access any WDA via HTTPS, but what links are you refering to? If you are using Web Dynpro ABAP iViews in the portal, you need only change the server definition in the portal and the iViews will all change. I hope that you aren't using URL iViews in the portal, as you would then have to change each iView individually. Are you talking about generated URL links out of some application? More details please.

Stefan0711
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

no, of course I'm using the specific iView for WebDynpro for ABAP.

I checked SMICM and there is no green check flag for HTTPS, so I guess HTTPS is not configured.

For the SAP ERP system definition in the portal, I specified the Web AS Host Name with <server name>:8013 and Web AS Protocol with HTTPS.

So I guess after HTTPS is activated on the ERP system, I also have to change the Web AS Host Name to <server name>:44313, correct?

Thank you a lot in advance.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Yes. Your basis team will likely have to install a crypto library and then make some profile parameter changes and then restart the ICM for the changes to take effect. Yes you will have to change the port number on the portal system defintion after setup with whatever you basis team makes the HTTPS port number.

Answers (0)