cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWeaver Sneak ... SP 16: table PVC_ACTVERSVIEW missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I came across some problem when trying to execute <b>scenario 2+ of JDI development (use DTR, components and tracks)</b>.

My situation is as follows:

Installation of Sneakpreview NW 04 SP 16, the one with problems in step 6, then exchanged the database version with the one from before ( 7.5.0 Build 018-123-079-776 )

<b>Installation is successful, everything seems fine.</b>

I create users, setup SLD, etc.

Finally I setup a simple track with a SC, define a runtime system.

<b>Then I try to download configuration from NetWeaver Developer Studio. And I end up with the error in the logs that you can see at the end of this.</b>

Ok, some table or view is missing. I reinstall the whole thing. This time I check for the table right after the installation. It is not there! But <b>jload.log written during installation claims it has been loaded successfully</b>:

26.04.06 19:52:15 com.sap.inst.jload.Jload dbImport

INFO: trying to create table PVC_ACTVERSVIEW

26.04.06 19:52:15 com.sap.inst.jload.Jload dbImport

INFO: table PVC_ACTVERSVIEW created

As reinstallation does not help, can someone please post a definition of this view? Or is there another way to resolve this? Can somebody please check whether his/her installation contains this view or table?

I even tried to run jload data import for this single table again. "Succeeded" in that jload reported the same as in the first runs but nothing shows up in my database.

WebAccess via http://:50000/dtr shows my workspaces are there, command line access to dtr seems to work fine. Only NW Dev Studio access seems to have problems.

As you all know, it takes a considerable amount of time to run the installation and configure the system to the point where it crashed for me. I would appreciate any hint how to get round this problem.

Thanks

Markus

Date : 04/27/2006

Time : 13:19:13:453

Message : Exception com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException: The SQL statement "UPDATE "DAV_RESOURCE" SET "RESOURCETYPE" = ?,"MODIFICATIONTIME" = ? WHERE "RESOURCEID" IN (SELECT "VSE1"."VERSIONID" FROM "PVC_ACTVERSVIEW" "VSE1" INNER JOIN "PVC_ACTVERSVIEW" "VSE2" ON "VSE1"."VERSIONID" = "VSE2"."VERSIONID" WHERE "VSE1"."VERSIONSETID" = ? AND "VSE2"."VERSIONSETID" = ?) AND "RESOURCETYPE" <> ?" contains the semantics error[s]: <b>table "PVC_ACTVERSVIEW" unknown</b>at com.sap.sql.log.Syslog.createAndLogOpenSQLException(Syslog.java:106)

at com.sap.sql.log.Syslog.createAndLogOpenSQLException(Syslog.java:145)

at com.sap.sql.jdbc.common.StatementAnalyzerImpl.check(StatementAnalyzerImpl.java:46)

at com.sap.sql.jdbc.common.StatementAnalyzerImpl.preprepareStatement(StatementAnalyzerImpl.java:126)

at com.sap.sql.jdbc.common.StatementAnalyzerImpl.preprepareStatement(StatementAnalyzerImpl.java:109)

at com.sap.sql.jdbc.common.CommonPreparedStatement.<init>(CommonPreparedStatement.java:155)

at com.sap.sql.jdbc.common.CommonConnectionImpl.prepareStatement(CommonConnectionImpl.java:315)

at com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.cci.ConnectionHandle.prepareStatement(ConnectionHandle.java:81)

at com.tssap.dtr.pvc.basics.transaction.SharedConnection.prepareStatement(SharedConnection.java:123)

at com.tssap.dtr.pvc.util.sql.GenericStatementProvider._getPreparedStatement(GenericStatementProvider.java:57)

at com.tssap.dtr.pvc.util.sql.GenericStatementProvider._getPreparedStatement(GenericStatementProvider.java:48)

at com.tssap.dtr.pvc.util.sql.GenericStatementProvider.getPreparedStatement(GenericStatementProvider.java:43)

at com.tssap.dtr.server.deltav.integrate.impl.UpdateResourceTypesTask.updateResourceTypesAfterCheckin(UpdateResourceTypesTask.java:39)

at com.tssap.dtr.server.deltav.integrate.impl.UpdateResourceTypesTask._execute(UpdateResourceTypesTask.java:34)

at com.tssap.dtr.server.deltav.integrate.impl.AbstractIntegrationTask.execute(AbstractIntegrationTask.java:40)

at com.tssap.dtr.server.deltav.impl.DeltaVIntegrator.integrate(DeltaVIntegrator.java:62)

at com.tssap.dtr.server.deltav.impl.DeltaVIntegrator.integrate(DeltaVIntegrator.java:51)

at com.tssap.dtr.server.deltav.impl.Activity._checkin(Activity.java:483)

at com.tssap.dtr.server.deltav.impl.Resource._createResource(Resource.java:1524)

at com.tssap.dtr.server.deltav.impl.Resource._createCollection(Resource.java:1567)

at com.tssap.dtr.server.deltav.impl.Resource.createCollection(Resource.java:1302)

at com.tssap.dtr.server.servlet.MkcolMethod.execute(MkcolMethod.java:70)

at com.tssap.dtr.server.servlet.WebdavMethod._runWebdavMethod(WebdavMethod.java:332)

at com.tssap.dtr.server.servlet.WebdavMethod.runWebdavMethod(WebdavMethod.java:290)

at com.tssap.dtr.server.servlet.WebdavServlet.executeMethodWithoutXMLMarshaller(WebdavServlet.java:135)

at com.tssap.dtr.server.servlet.WebdavServlet.service(WebdavServlet.java:176)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:390)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:264)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:347)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:325)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:887)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:241)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:92)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:148)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:100)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:170)

Caused by: com.sap.sql.sqlparser.CommonSQLParserException: table "PVC_ACTVERSVIEW" unknown

at com.sap.sql.sqlparser.CommonSQLStatement.checkSemantics(CommonSQLStatement.java:186)

at com.sap.sql.jdbc.common.StatementAnalyzerImpl.check(StatementAnalyzerImpl.java:42)

... 38 more<b></b>

Highlighting for key points because this is a lot of text.

Message was edited by: Markus Wissmann

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Oliver5
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I informed our expert Wolf to have a look at it.

BR, Oliver

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope you have fixed this by now, however fee like sharing some more information....Please refer to below link .

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/NWTech/SolutiontoJavacopyormigrationerrors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

I reployed with the same steps you outlined but no sucess. I request Wolf to help us.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the meantime <b>I tried the new NW 2004s SP7 Sneak but the problem is still there</b>.

I can import a remote configuration into NW Dev Studio but when I try to create my own DC it starts complaining about the missing table.

After that I can not even import remote configuration anymore because it the again needs that table when finding open activities:

Getting VFS manager for client J2E_EXAMPLE_D failed: Activity report (get open activities for current repository and user) failed: Internal Server Error

Date : 05/04/2006

Time : 16:29:09:562

Message : Exception of type com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException caught: The SQL statement "SELECT "R"."RESOURCEID","R"."RESOURCETYPE","R"."OBJNAME","R"."PATHURI","R"."PATHID","R"."FULLPATHID","R"."DISPLAYNAME","R"."CREATORNAME","R"."CREATIONTIME","R"."MODIFICATIONTIME","R"."CONTENTTYPE","R"."CONTENTLENGTH","R"."CONTENTLANGUAGE","R"."ISMASTERLANGUAGE","R"."SOURCEURI","V"."ISDELETED","R"."DOCUMENTTYPE","R"."FORMATVERSION","R"."DOCTYPESTATUS","R"."CONTENTSTOREID","R"."FULLCONTSTOREID","R"."CHECKINFORK","R"."CHECKOUTFORK","R"."PATHDEPTH","R"."CONTENTMD5","R"."TOUCHEDPROPERTY","VSE"."OBJECTID","VSE"."OBJECTTYPE" "INTERNALTYPE" FROM "DAV_RESOURCE" "R" INNER JOIN "PVC_ACTVERSVIEW" "VSE" ON "R"."RESOURCEID" = "VSE"."VERSIONID" INNER JOIN "PVC_VERSION" "V" ON "VSE"."VERSIONID" = "V"."VERSIONID" WHERE "VSE"."VERSIONSETID" = ?" contains the semantics error[s]: - 1:489 - the table or view >>PVC_ACTVERSVIEW<< does not exist

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException: The SQL statement "SELECT "R"."RESOURCEID","R"."RESOURCETYPE","R"."OBJNAME","R"."PATHURI","R"."PATHID","R"."FULLPATHID","R"."DISPLAYNAME","R"."CREATORNAME","R"."CREATIONTIME","R"."MODIFICATIONTIME","R"."CONTENTTYPE","R"."CONTENTLENGTH","R"."CONTENTLANGUAGE","R"."ISMASTERLANGUAGE","R"."SOURCEURI","V"."ISDELETED","R"."DOCUMENTTYPE","R"."FORMATVERSION","R"."DOCTYPESTATUS","R"."CONTENTSTOREID","R"."FULLCONTSTOREID","R"."CHECKINFORK","R"."CHECKOUTFORK","R"."PATHDEPTH","R"."CONTENTMD5","R"."TOUCHEDPROPERTY","VSE"."OBJECTID","VSE"."OBJECTTYPE" "INTERNALTYPE" FROM "DAV_RESOURCE" "R" INNER JOIN "PVC_ACTVERSVIEW" "VSE" ON "R"."RESOURCEID" = "VSE"."VERSIONID" INNER JOIN "PVC_VERSION" "V" ON "VSE"."VERSIONID" = "V"."VERSIONID" WHERE "VSE"."VERSIONSETID" = ?" contains the semantics error[s]: - 1:489 - the table or view >>PVC_ACTVERSVIEW<< does not exist

at com.sap.sql.jdbc.common.StatementAnalyzerImpl.check(StatementAnalyzerImpl.java:38)

at com.sap.sql.jdbc.common.StatementAnalyzerImpl.preprepareStatement(StatementAnalyzerImpl.java:101)

at com.sap.sql.jdbc.common.StatementAnalyzerImpl.preprepareStatement(StatementAnalyzerImpl.java:87)

at com.sap.sql.jdbc.common.AbstractCommonStatement.parseStatement(AbstractCommonStatement.java:472)

at com.sap.sql.jdbc.common.CommonConnectionImpl.prepareStatement(CommonConnectionImpl.java:375)

at com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.cci.ConnectionHandle.prepareStatement(ConnectionHandle.java:81)

at com.tssap.dtr.pvc.basics.transaction.SharedConnection.prepareStatement(SharedConnection.java:123)

at com.tssap.dtr.pvc.util.sql.GenericStatementProvider._getPreparedStatement(GenericStatementProvider.java:57)

at com.tssap.dtr.pvc.util.sql.GenericStatementProvider._getPreparedStatement(GenericStatementProvider.java:48)

at com.tssap.dtr.pvc.util.sql.GenericStatementProvider.getPreparedStatement(GenericStatementProvider.java:43)

at com.tssap.dtr.pvc.basics.persistence.PersistentClass.getPreparedStatement(PersistentClass.java:148)

at com.tssap.dtr.server.deltav.impl.VersionPersistentClass.loadActivityContentSet(VersionPersistentClass.java:647)

at com.tssap.dtr.server.deltav.impl.VersionTransientClass.getActivityContentSet(VersionTransientClass.java:253)

at com.tssap.dtr.server.deltav.impl.Activity._getActivityContentSet(Activity.java:212)

at com.tssap.dtr.server.deltav.impl.Activity.getActivityContentSet(Activity.java:201)

at com.tssap.dtr.server.deltav.propaccess.impl.XcmActivityContentSetAccessor._getValue(LiveXcmPropertyAccessors.java:612)

at com.tssap.dtr.server.deltav.propaccess.impl.AbstractLiveSetPropertyAccessor._expand(AbstractLiveSetPropertyAccessor.java:78)

at com.tssap.dtr.server.deltav.propaccess.impl.AbstractLivePropertyAccessor.expand(AbstractLivePropertyAccessor.java:179)

at com.tssap.dtr.server.servlet.ReportMethod.expandProperty(ReportMethod.java:728)

at com.tssap.dtr.server.servlet.ReportMethod.activityQuery(ReportMethod.java:527)

at com.tssap.dtr.server.servlet.ReportMethod.generateReport(ReportMethod.java:434)

at com.tssap.dtr.server.servlet.ReportMethod.execute(ReportMethod.java:146)

at com.tssap.dtr.server.servlet.WebdavMethod._runWebdavMethod(WebdavMethod.java:332)

at com.tssap.dtr.server.servlet.WebdavMethod.runWebdavMethod(WebdavMethod.java:290)

at com.tssap.dtr.server.servlet.WebdavServlet.executeMethodWithoutXMLMarshaller(WebdavServlet.java:135)

at com.tssap.dtr.server.servlet.WebdavServlet.service(WebdavServlet.java:176)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.runServlet(HttpHandlerImpl.java:390)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl.handleRequest(HttpHandlerImpl.java:264)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:347)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.startServlet(RequestAnalizer.java:325)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.invokeWebContainer(RequestAnalizer.java:887)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.RequestAnalizer.handle(RequestAnalizer.java:241)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Client.handle(Client.java:92)

at com.sap.engine.services.httpserver.server.Processor.request(Processor.java:148)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:100)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:170)

Caused by: com.sap.sql.sqlparser.CommonSQLParserException: - 1:489 - the table or view >>PVC_ACTVERSVIEW<< does not exist

at com.sap.sql.sqlparser.CommonSQLStatement.checkSemantics(CommonSQLStatement.java:171)

at com.sap.sql.jdbc.common.StatementAnalyzerImpl.check(StatementAnalyzerImpl.java:35)

... Markus: cut some here ...

Dsr Component :

Dsr Transaction :

Dsr User :

Indent : 0

Level : 0

Message Code : com.sap.sql_0019

Message Type : 1

Relatives : /System/Database/sql/jdbc/common

Resource Bundlename :

Session : 164

Source : com.sap.sql.jdbc.common.StatementAnalyzerImpl

ThreadObject : SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_10

Transaction :

User : Administrator

Message was edited by: Markus Wissmann: NW 2004s SP<b>7</b> not SP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope somebody is still interested in this problem.

Here is the latest news:

This view exists and the SQL DTR complains about can be executed manually without problems!

I followed these simple steps to get there:

1) Install NW 2004s SP7

2) Start SQL Studio, try

select * from PVC_ACTVERSVIEW:

It works!

Try

SELECT R.RESOURCEID,R.RESOURCETYPE,R.OBJNAME,R.PATHURI,R.PATHID,R.FULLPATHID,R.DISPLAYNAME,R.CREATORNAME,R.CREATIONTIME,

R.MODIFICATIONTIME,R.CONTENTTYPE,R.CONTENTLENGTH,R.CONTENTLANGUAGE,R.ISMASTERLANGUAGE,R.SOURCEURI,V.ISDELETED,R.DOCUMENTTYPE,

R.FORMATVERSION,R.DOCTYPESTATUS,R.CONTENTSTOREID,R.FULLCONTSTOREID,R.CHECKINFORK,R.CHECKOUTFORK,R.PATHDEPTH,R.CONTENTMD5,

R.TOUCHEDPROPERTY,VSE.OBJECTID,VSE.OBJECTTYPE INTERNALTYPE

FROM DAV_RESOURCE R INNER JOIN PVC_ACTVERSVIEW VSE ON R.RESOURCEID = VSE.VERSIONID INNER JOIN PVC_VERSION V ON VSE.VERSIONID = V.VERSIONID

WHERE VSE.VERSIONSETID is not null

This works, too.

3) Start Dev Studio

4) Goto Preferences

Set SAP J2EE Engine to local J2E

Set JDI Dev Configuration Pool to local URL, (ping to test)

5) Try get remote configuration: Fails because pwdf3102 does of course not exist in my local environment

6) Add line to .../etc/hosts

192.xxx.xxx.xxx pwdf3102 # Alias used by NetWeaver Sneak as distributed

7) Try again. This time import configuration finishes, but afterwards shows error:

Getting VFS manager for client J2E_EXAMPLE_D failed: Activity report (get open activities for current repository and user) failed: Internal Server Error

Looking at the logs:

It claims that above SQL statement fails because the table or view >>PVC_ACTVERSVIEW<< does not exist

SQL Studio still can execute this query without a problem.

So which database schema is DTR looking at? Which user is it using and has this user enough privileges to see this view? Am I the only one having this problem?

Regards

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another interesting entry from the database.log

Exception of type com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException caught:

The SQL statement "SELECT * FROM "PVC_ACTVERSVIEW" WHERE 1 = 0"

contains the semantics error[s]: - 1:15 -

the table or view >>PVC_ACTVERSVIEW<< does not exist

This is logged somewhere out of context of the requests triggered by me.

Addition from May 8th, 2 PM:

SELECT tablename, privilege, grantee

FROM DOMAIN.TABLEPRIVILEGES

WHERE tablename in (

SELECT tablename

FROM DOMAIN.VIEWCOLUMNS

WHERE viewname like 'PVC_ACTVERSVIEW')

Shows that SAPJ2EDB has all possible rights on the tables referenced by the view:

PVC_VERSIONEDOBJ SELECT SAPJ2EDB

PVC_VERSIONEDOBJ UPDATE SAPJ2EDB

PVC_VERSIONEDOBJ INSERT SAPJ2EDB

PVC_VERSIONEDOBJ DELETE SAPJ2EDB

PVC_VERSIONEDOBJ ALTER SAPJ2EDB

PVC_VERSIONEDOBJ INDEX SAPJ2EDB

PVC_VERSIONEDOBJ REFERENCES SAPJ2EDB

PVC_VSETELEMENT SELECT SAPJ2EDB

PVC_VSETELEMENT UPDATE SAPJ2EDB

PVC_VSETELEMENT INSERT SAPJ2EDB

PVC_VSETELEMENT DELETE SAPJ2EDB

PVC_VSETELEMENT ALTER SAPJ2EDB

PVC_VSETELEMENT INDEX SAPJ2EDB

PVC_VSETELEMENT REFERENCES SAPJ2EDB

Also on the view itself privileges look ok:

SELECT owner, privileges

FROM DOMAIN.VIEWS

WHERE viewname = 'PVC_ACTVERSVIEW'

SAPJ2EDB SEL+

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>At last it works!</b>

I do not know what went wrong exactly.

But it seems that additional meta information for PVC_ACTVERSVIEW was missing.

Finally I could resolve the issue by following

Wolf's tip of redeploying the DTR JDDSCHEMA in SDM.

I don't know why this did not help first time?

But now it looks like I'm fine. 🐵

And here some more detail for those struggling with the same problems:

- Switch on SQLTrace

- In my case I found that a strange statement was executed for the missing table/view:

SELECT XMLVALUE FROM BC_DDDBTABLERT WHERE NAME like 'PVC_ACTVERSVIEW'

If you execute this manually with "LIKE 'PVC_%'" you will see that this table BC_DDDBTABLERT contains the meta information just as in the JDDSCHEMA. That was why I retried deploying the DTR schema again. Because I knew from earlier research (s. above) that such a definition file exists for PVC_ACTVERSVIEW.

Have fun

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

Thanks for the deailed post. I'm having the same issue on SP16 and 04sSP7. Just need to download the SCA files from Marketplace and redeploy them. But it only solves the NW04s. For SP16, I'm still not able to find the table even after redeployment, rebooting the server. Seems like not a lot of people are using preview version for NWDI anyway...

Message was edited by: Yujian Yan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yujian Yan,

Seems like you missed a small detail in the long lines I posted:

In SDM remote gui: deployment configuration in lower part of GUI allows to choose whether existing versions should be replaced by only higher or same versions or arbitrary versions.

You have to tell SDM that you want to overwrite the existing deployment.

Wish you success!

Cheers

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Using 2004s SP9,

I am also getting same error

#1.5#02004C4F4F5000520000058F00000E5000042136D7732E3A#1162419332548#com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl#sap.com/tcdtrenterpriseapp#com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.HttpHandlerImpl#NWDI_DEV#274#####SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_9##0#0#Error#1#/System/Server/WebRequests#Plain###Processing HTTP request to servlet [DTRServlet] finished with error.

The error is: javax.servlet.ServletException: The SQL statement "UPDATE "DAV_RESOURCE" SET "RESOURCETYPE" = ?,"MODIFICATIONTIME" = ? WHERE "RESOURCEID" IN (SELECT "VSE1"."VERSIONID" FROM "PVC_ACTVERSVIEW" "VSE1" INNER JOIN "PVC_ACTVERSVIEW" "VSE2" ON "VSE1"."VERSIONID" = "VSE2"."VERSIONID" WHERE "VSE1"."VERSIONSETID" = ? AND "VSE2"."VERSIONSETID" = ?) AND "RESOURCETYPE" <> ?" contains the semantics error[s]: - 1:139 - the table or view >>PVC_ACTVERSVIEW<< does not exist

Could you please let me know how to get the "DTR JDDSCHEMA" file. Where can i find this file to deploy from SDM.

Only JDDSCHEMA file i have in my urs directory are

j2ee_jddschema.sda

jms_jddschema.sda

sap.com~sl.ut.jddschema.sda

sap.com~sl.ut.jddschema.sda

sessionfailover_jddschema.sda

SLUtiljddschema.sda

I looked at all the sql statements you have mentioned in your note, They all look similar in my database too.

I tried to deploy J2ee_jddschema.sca file, it is not deploying because the same version already deployed.

Thanks.

kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried deploying the DTR schema again but found the same error PVC_ALTVERSVIEW does not exist. Tried re-starting the J2EE server but error still exist while trying to create a DC. I am in SP15.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Looks like a general problem, then.

How did you redeploy the DTR schema?

Using which tool? Which steps involved?

Thanks

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, re-deployment can be done in SDM remote GUI,

deployment configuration in lower part of GUI allows to choose whether existing versions should be replaced by only higher or same versions or arbitrary versions.

But still no table PVC_ACTRESVIEW exists after redeployment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After re-deploying the SDM log shows following:

May 2, 2006 5:39:59 PM Info: 17:39:57 2006-05-02 dbs-Info: Naechstes Archive-Objekt : dbtables/PVC_ACTVERSVIEW.gdbtable

May 2, 2006 5:39:59 PM Info: 17:39:57 2006-05-02 dbs-Info: <<< Analysiere Tabelle PVC_ACTVERSVIEW >>>

May 2, 2006 5:39:59 PM Info: 17:39:57 2006-05-02 dbs-Info: predefined action is: >>>null<<<

May 2, 2006 5:39:59 PM Info: 17:39:57 2006-05-02 dbs-Info: <b>Tabelle soll auf Datenbank SAPDB nicht angelegt werden</b>

May 2, 2006 5:39:59 PM Info: 17:39:57 2006-05-02 dbs-Info: Keine Aktion fuer die Tabelle notwendig

May 2, 2006 5:39:59 PM Info: 17:39:57 2006-05-02 dbs-Info: Laufzeit-xml von PVC_ACTVERSVIEW erfolgreich geschrieben

Looking again in the definition file PVC_ACTVERSVIEW.gdbtable inside the dbschema.sda I find this:

<database-exclusive>

<database>SAPDB</database>

<delete-if-existing>false</delete-if-existing>

</database-exclusive>

So it looks like this table shall not be deployed. So why is it used then by the dtr code?

Looks to me like some versioning problem.

wolf_hengevoss
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Markus,

I think that something happened regarding the following:

The database-schema needs to fit the DB version and needs probably to be deployed (again): DB schema can be deployed as "dbschema.sda" from the DTR SCA file.

Best,

Wolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver, Hi Wolf,

Thanks for the fast response. Oliver even answered while I was still re-formatting. And Wolf was working long hours apparently.

<b>Unfortunately I still got problems.</b>

I'm not very experienced with NetWeaver App server, but here is what I tried:

I searched round for how to (re-)deploy a single *.sda file.

Could not do this in the deploytool, not in NetWeaver administration. Finally found SDM remote GUI.

Could connect, could find dtr dbschema.sda. Also had found the sda file on the local drive.

SDM would not let me deploy the sda because the same version is already deployed. Undeploy was not possible.

So <b>is there some (easy?) way to re-deploy something in NetWeaver App Server?</b>

What happens on startup? Weblogic for example will deploy everything on server startup. I've tried to restart NetWeaver, did not help. (Well of course redeploying database tables might not be wise on every server startup.)

In the meantime I also had a look at the contents of the dbschema.sda and found a definition for PVC_ACTVERSVIEW,

so <b>I manually created table PVC_ACTVERSVIEW in SQL studio</b> using following SQL:

CREATE TABLE SAPJ2EDB.PVC_ACTVERSVIEW

(

OBJECTID Char (16) BYTE NOT NULL,

VERSIONID Char (16) BYTE NOT NULL,

OBJECTTYPE Integer NOT NULL,

VERSIONSETID Char (16) BYTE NOT NULL,

DEACTIVATED Smallint NOT NULL,

MODIFICATIONTIME Timestamp NOT NULL,

ACTIVATIONSEQNO Integer NOT NULL

)

<b>Worked fine, table is there now. But DTR still does not seem to see this table</b>:

Processing HTTP request to servlet [DTRServlet] finished with error.

The error is: javax.servlet.ServletException: The SQL statement "SELECT "R"."RESOURCEID","R"."RESOURCETYPE","R"."OBJNAME","R"."PATHURI","R"."PATHID","R"."FULLPATHID","R"."DISPLAYNAME","R"."CREATORNAME","R"."CREATIONTIME","R"."MODIFICATIONTIME","R"."CONTENTTYPE","R"."CONTENTLENGTH","R"."CONTENTLANGUAGE","R"."ISMASTERLANGUAGE","R"."SOURCEURI","V"."ISDELETED","R"."DOCUMENTTYPE","R"."FORMATVERSION","R"."DOCTYPESTATUS","R"."CONTENTSTOREID","R"."FULLCONTSTOREID","R"."CHECKINFORK","R"."CHECKOUTFORK","R"."PATHDEPTH","R"."CONTENTMD5","R"."TOUCHEDPROPERTY","VSE"."OBJECTID","VSE"."OBJECTTYPE" "INTERNALTYPE" FROM "DAV_RESOURCE" "R" INNER JOIN "PVC_ACTVERSVIEW" "VSE" ON "R"."RESOURCEID" = "VSE"."VERSIONID" INNER JOIN "PVC_VERSION" "V" ON "VSE"."VERSIONID" = "V"."VERSIONID" WHERE "VSE"."VERSIONSETID" = ?" contains the semantics error[s]:

<b>table "PVC_ACTVERSVIEW" unknown</b>

Which user is DTR using to connect to the database? SAPJ2EDB is what I would expect.

<b>In SQL studio as SAPJ2EDB I can execute this without problems</b>:

SELECT R.RESOURCEID,R.RESOURCETYPE,R.OBJNAME,R.PATHURI,R.PATHID,R.FULLPATHID,R.DISPLAYNAME,R.CREATORNAME,R.CREATIONTIME,

R.MODIFICATIONTIME,R.CONTENTTYPE,R.CONTENTLENGTH,R.CONTENTLANGUAGE,R.ISMASTERLANGUAGE,R.SOURCEURI,V.ISDELETED,R.DOCUMENTTYPE,

R.FORMATVERSION,R.DOCTYPESTATUS,R.CONTENTSTOREID,R.FULLCONTSTOREID,R.CHECKINFORK,R.CHECKOUTFORK,R.PATHDEPTH,R.CONTENTMD5,

R.TOUCHEDPROPERTY,VSE.OBJECTID,VSE.OBJECTTYPE INTERNALTYPE

FROM DAV_RESOURCE R INNER JOIN PVC_ACTVERSVIEW VSE ON R.RESOURCEID = VSE.VERSIONID INNER JOIN PVC_VERSION V ON VSE.VERSIONID = V.VERSIONID

WHERE VSE.VERSIONSETID = null

I also tried this:

grant select on PVC_ACTVERSVIEW to PUBLIC

I feel a little bit lost here.

Any ideas?

Is it worth downloading and re-installing the whole thing?

Will it work then?

How about 2004s SP7 will it work there?

Thanks

Markus

Added some line breaks.