Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMARTFORM Next Page Functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a SMARTFORMS with the following specifications:

PAGE1 --> Next Page is PAGE2, this PAGE1 is the generic first page for all output/message types.

PAGE2 --> Next Page is PAGE2, this PAGE2 is the generic next page (succedding pages for all output/message types excluding output type ZDX1)

PAGE3 --> Next Page is PAGE3, this PAGE3 will be the next page (succeddingpages) for output type ZDX1

I have a MAIN WINDOW in all PAGES, inside the main window, I have a TABLE1 that contains a FOLDER1 in the main area and a LOOP node. Inside the LOOP node I have a PROGRAM_LINE node that determines how many line items will be displayed in the first page only and the other line items should be printed in the next page. This PROGRAM_LINE will determine as well if PAGE3 will be used as the next page/succedding page instead of PAGE2.

After the PROGRAM_LINE I have inserted a COMMAND NODE that will identify the condition in PROGRAM_LINE and will execute PAGE3 as next page if conditions were satisfied.

My main concern is IT IS NOT WORKING. Conditions were met and COMMAND node was triggered however in the print preview it always make use of the PAGE2 as next page defined in PAGE1.

I would like to seek expert's assistance on this. Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Kurtt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

alex_m
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you really need three pages?. why you want to trigger the page manually, in std if the content exceeds the page then it will proceed to next page..

Please explain your requirement clearly...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

The requirement is to display certain windows from different pages. By default all the windows in the PAGE1 should be displayed, the changes in the layout and windows are dependent on the output type and this should be displayed on the next succedding pages that is why I need to create 3 pages.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Kurtt

alex_m
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you check the output type also in the COMMAND condition parameter?..

Former Member
0 Kudos

why dont you just have all your windows you need in page 2 and trigger their print by output type.

no need of page 3 then.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Yes I inserted the condition.

Hi Florian,

Thanks for your response. I cannot make use of the same page since the layout the height and width of the main window varies.

Any idea? Thanks!

Best Regards,

Kurtt

Former Member
0 Kudos

there are a lot ways leading to rome

i still have a lot of ideas.

If i get you right you have page 1 and continuous page 2 for several output types.

But in case of output type ZDX1 you need some page 3 additionally after yor page 1 and n-times of page 2.

if thats the case, you could design a whole new form for this page 3.

in your driver program right after the call of your smartform, you can continue coding, cause when form is processed he will get there and continue processing.

Now you can make another call. call you new built form then, but just do this call if output type is ZDX1.

got my idea?

alex_m
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Florian rightly set, we have n number of ideas but still we couldnt get your actual requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As said by Florian, u can make two different forms:

first_form --> for page 1 and page 2

second_form --> for page 3 OR as per ur requirement can be page 1 and page 3.

as we knw from a driver program we can call more than one form.

so call the first form and then before closing call second form when the condition is met .

open first_form

write_ form

if required cond met .

open second _form

write_form

close second_form

endif.

close second_ form

PS: not as per systax , jus rough idea.

note: complete as said by Florian , as per my understanding.

regards

venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

did u put the CONDITION in the CONDITIONS tab of the COMMAND?

Rgds,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu Pavan,

Yes. I have indicated the condition in the conditions tab of the command node.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Kurtt