cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment of commitment items to value categories

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ps Experts

I want to know information about commitment items assignment to value categories ( transaction CJVC)

what is the purpose of commitment items assignment to value categories, and its relation with project cash management

What is the impact If we dont make this assignment on project cash management figures.

Can we assign one commitment item to all the value categories or its one to one relatioship.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

commitment items are essential for the update into the Project Cash Management as the financial transaction which is maintained for the commitment items is used to identify the type of the posting (e.g. invoice, payment, etc). Further informations about the correct customizing of commitment items can be found in note 144169.

The assignment of commitment items to the value categories is similar to the assignment of cost elements or cost element groups to value categories and is needed for the proper update of the data from the Project Cash Management into the Project Information Database (table RPSCO). The Project Information Database is the basis for hierarchy reports. So in case that this customizing isn't done, values from the Project Cash Management might not be shown or might be shown incorrectly in the hierarchy reports (e.g. 31CASH, 31FIM, 31FIMA, 31FIMB).

Assigning one commitment item to all value categories can be done. It is depending how detailed your reporting should be, but from point of the reporting it won't make sense to mix for example commitment items for outgoing payments with commitment items for incoming payments.

Kind regards,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks Dirk for your reply, but i still have small doubt, do i assign one commitement item in the value cat. or select a range of commitement items for the value cat. as per cust. tcode OPI4.

please clarify the difference

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hend,

this is really depending on your expectations on the level of detail of the reporting. If you use a one-to-one relation between the commitment item and the value category it is very detailed. When you assign a range of commitment items to one value category you do a kind of summarization in the reporting similar to the assignment of a cost element group to a value category.

I hope that this answers your question.

Kind regards,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dirk,

Your support is realy appreciated, but i do have one last question,Do all commitment items with all finance catigories to be linked or only those have category 30 only

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hend,

it should be sufficient if you only assign commitment items with financial transaction '30' to value categories, but it won't cause problems if you do the assignment for all commitment items.

Kind regards,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dirk,

I think it's clear now

Best regards

Hend

Answers (0)