SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to post a document in FICA using FPE1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to post a doc in FICA using tcode FPE1. I am getting the error " balance in document currency not equal to zero". Please help.

Thanks,

Lakshmi

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Did you check your Account Maintainence?

Regards,

Manish

0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I am posting a CH type document. Also, could you please elaborate on your ans? I am training on FICA now and learning the basics.

Thanks,

Lakshmi

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Lakshmi:

As you should know - FI documents must balance in debit/credit and revenue/receivable. It would appear that one of these is not balancing, probably rev/recv due to not maintaining account determination. If you dont maintain automatic account deermination, then you must manually create the offsetting entries.

regards,

bill.

rajesh_popat3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you posting a credit line item or the debit line item using FPE1.

Could you please provide with the details of document posting, so that it would be helpful for understanding the querry.

It seems, you are processing open item using the transaction and the difference is appearing. If this is the case, enter the amount equivalent to the open item for which you want to perform the account maintenance. If there is any difference in that, it would give the error.

In case, you can split the item into two part and then try to post.

Hope this might be of some help !!

Regards,

Rajesh Popat

Former Member
0 Kudos

na

rajesh_popat3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please provide the detail process that you are following while posting of document using FPE1. This would help in understand the scenario that is causing the error.

Generally, in case of account maintenance if the balance is not getting settlelet in FPE1, this kind of error occurs.

Regards,

Rajesh Popat

0 Kudos

Hi, Check the following config in spro

Account Assignment for Automatic Postings:

Create Cost Centre

Define CO Account Assignmnet Keys

Create GL Accounts

Define Accounts for Receivables/Payables - Important

Define Accounts for Revenue/Expenses -important

Also check

Maintain Document Assignment: