cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Certified Technology Consultant Netweaver Web AS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear everybody,

I have worked in IT for about 9 yrs. My last few years have been as an IT Security Consultant, and I finished my last role in December. I wanted to pursue a career in SAP software. I spoke to different people about how to go about this. In the end I decided to attend the SAP Solution Academy training which lasted 5 weeks and comprised 2 exams, SAP Netweaver Web AS 6.20 and Oracle. I passed both exams on my first attempt.

Now according to SAP, nobody can just come off the street to take this exam, they require you to have 2 years experience working for a SAP customer and this must be proven by a letter from the customer stating this. The only other case they will let you take an exam is to attend the SAP solution academy, because they say, the academy gives you the like of 2 years experience.

Now, this Solution Academy is very expensive, and here in the UK the 5 week track costs no less than twelve thousand pounds (GBP).

Well, I attended the Solution Academy (5 weeks) and passed both exams (Netweaver Web AS 6.2 and Oracle) on my first attempt.

Since then I have been unnsuccesful in even obtaining a Job interview.

All the agencies ask for a person with at least 2 to 3 years experience and don't buy the line about the academy giving you the equivalent of 2 years experience.

What do I need to do to get a job?????

(I live in London UK)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babak,

you might try this:

If you are willing to re-locate, SAP is looking for Consultants in their Service and Support Center in Dublin

(www.sap.ie -> jobs ).

Regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I would be willing to relocate and would love the opportunity you mentioned.

I do remember applying online at the link you mentioned, but have not heard back.

Any tips?