cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating and consuming web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Please help me in creating a webservice which can be consumed in a button in Excel sheet i.e. I have to create a button in Excel sheet and on click of that button i have to consume a web service deployed in AS. Also I have to pass the data in Excel sheet to that web service.

PS: This is just a business logic no other view or UI is required here.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Pranav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav

To call a Web service in a Excell, you need to know how the language Visual Basic call web service. If you kwon how, you just need the wsdl of the service in your server.

Maybe this isn't the right forum to find this. Try to find how consume web service in Visual Basic.

Regards

Marcos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

Thank you very much for your inputs. As I am at beginner stage, I have few doubts which I would like to post here:

1. I am able to create a webservice using help.sap and also my deployable proxy class is ready. Can you please guide me what all I need to do from SAP side while consuming the web service i.e. how to make connection between button in Excel and SAP server.

2. I know I can download WSDL files from server using the test page. Downloaded zip file has these three wsdl files Config1_document.wsdl, Config1_TestVi_document.wsdl and main.wsdl. But which wsdl to use while consuming.

Thanks and Regards

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav

1 - In sap side you just need to have a web service deployed in server.

To make a connection you need to know how make this in VB code, then you are going to code in VB editor of excell(I don't know how you can call a service in VB, this is not my speciality).

2 - I never saw three diferent wsdl for the same web service. I just deployed my services in the server, the services is in service registry and have just one wsdl.

I get the wsdl in two ways, in service registry or in wsNavigator.

Regards

Marcos

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav

>2. I know I can download WSDL files from server using the test page. Downloaded zip file has these three wsdl files Config1_document.wsdl, Config1_TestVi_document.wsdl and main.wsdl. But which wsdl to use while consuming.

Actually all the .wsdl files are part of single WSDL document which describes your Web service. Starting/root point here is main.wsdl which references two other .wsdl. You can access any time the root WSDL part by URL like

"http://<host>:<port>/BcfRemoteCheck/Config1?wsdl&style=document&mode=standard".

Hope you know where to see the WSDL URL (in Webservice Navigator or in Single Service Administration where you downloaded the ZIP).

When you are consuming web-service you need all the parts. Usually when a Web-service is consumed the remote WSDL is used for generation of WS Client Proxy. But, the WSDL files can be also downloaded and used locally for generation of the WS Client Proxy.

Sometimes the WSDL is not necessary at all for WS consuming on run-time. In the case it's used only on design-time just to know WS names, ports, operations, etc, for writing the code of WS Client.

BR, Sergei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siarhei and Marcos,

Thanks for your interest in question. I am still working on it and will close this thread soon.

Regards

Pranav