cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP SSL scenario: Server certificate rejected by ChainVerifier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're trying to setup an FTP connection over SSL, but we receive following error:

Error: Error connecting to ftp server 'FTP'S Server: iaik.security.ssl.SSLException: Server certificate rejected by ChainVerifier

The communication channel has been configured correctly, and the cerfificate has been uploaded to the TrustedCAS view in the key storage service in Visual Admin.

Did I forget something?

gr.

Nicolas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

This thread is about a similar issue:

Check it.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the meanwhile I found the solution.

The certificate is checked on host name, but in the communication channel I connected on IP. This is why the system couldn't make the link.

After adding hostname and IP in the host file of our OS, everything worked fine.

gr.

Nicolas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas ,

Just check : SAP Note 821267 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0/ PI 7.1 File Adapter.

24. FTPS: Server certificate rejected by ChainVerifier

• Q: After configuring a File Adapter FTPS communication channel, I see the following error message in the Adapter Monitor: iaik.security.ssl.SSLException: Server certificate rejected by ChainVerifier. What do I need to configure to get my scenario working?

• A: The File Adapter checks whether a trusted certificate chain exists for the X.509 certificate of the FTP server it is connecting to. A certificate chain is considered trusted if the chain is valid and at least one of its certificates is directly trusted. If the certificate chain is untrusted, the above exception is thrown. To configure a single certificate or a certification authority's CA certificate as directly trusted, add the respective X.509 certificate to the "Trusted CAs" view of the "Key Storage" service in the SAP J2EE Visual Administrator. In most cases, this will be the CA certificate that was used to sign the server certificate.

Regards,