cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Qualifier value from Qualified table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to get all the qualifier value for a qualified table. What is the best way to do it. Can I use QualifierSearchDimension to search for all the qualifier value.

link gives us a way to do this , but it talk about getting the non - qualifiers only , so How can we get the qualifier values.

The link gives us a way to this , but it is using old Java API , does anyone know how to do it using MDM API SP06.

Thanks and Regards,

Subhasis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me elaborate the scenario,

I have a qualified table where ID is a qualifier field and country is a non-qualifier field.I need to retrieve all the qualifier values.

How can I do it?

Thanks and Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhasis,

The Search API's will only search for a particular value in the qualified tables. In order to read all the qualifier and non qualifier for a record, please follow the below mentioned steps.

Assuming 'rec' is the variable that holds the reference for the current record.

MdmValue lookUpVal = rec.getFieldValuel(<Field Id of the field>);

com.sap.mdm.valuetypes.QualifiedLookupValue val = (com.sap.mdm.valuetypes.QualifiedLookupValue) lookUpVal;

// Get the total number of qualified records present for that field

int size = val.getValuesCount();

// Iterate through each qualified record to fetch the details

for(int i=0;i<size;i++){

MdmValue nqVal = val.getValue(i);

if(nqVal != null){

MdmValue incVal = val.getQualifierFieldValue(i,<Field Id of the qualifier field value>);

}

}

Regards,

Ponraj M

Edited by: Ponraj M on Jul 10, 2009 10:12 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poonaj,

I am aware this way of retriving qualifier values.

As it is a lot of time I am looking for an alternate way using RetrieveLimitedQualifierValuesCommand or QualifierSearchDimension.

Can anyone help in this regard.

Thanks and Regards,

Subhasis