cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Logon data for SICF service

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know whether this is the right question in this forum but we are having one BSP application for which we have Logon data maintained in its SICF service.

When we transported the application (SICF service was included into the request), the logon data was not transported.

When we tried going to change mode and update the logon data it gave error "Changes to Repository or cross-client Customizing are not permitted".

Hence we tried to unlock the configuration through SCC4. Then when we tried in QA system it poped up for the request whcih we definietly don't want.

Is there any way we could avoid the same?

Thanks in advance.

regards

rajeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We created the request in the target systems

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the right way to transport logon info along with SICF service is to create an external alias for your BSP and maintain the logon info in the external alias.

other wise you have to open the production system for changes and change it , which may not be allowed.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

could it be that you do not have the authorization to make changes in the system in SICF ?? I tried it in my test system and after asssigning it to a transport request, it works.