cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking Invoice to accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

Can someone guide me how can an invoice be blocked without going to accounting, we do not want this invoice to go to accounting at all in future.

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Performed changed in the process of blocking invoices.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What kind of changes (there were several suggestions) ? Can you provide more information?

regards

Rafal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to VOFA with that Billing Type and activate the Check Box Posting Block.

It will not allow to transfer of the billing document to accounting.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to block the posting for the billing document type then you have to check the field posting block in VOFA for your billing document type.

Regards,

Gopal.

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to VOFA and for your Billing Document type select the Check Box, Posting Block.

This will serve your purpose.

You may release the Billing Document for accounting through VF02 or VFX3.

Regards

Amitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are looking for the invoice which should not cause any accounting documents , then you should use ProForma invoice.

ProForma invoice is not relevant for accounting

is this what you need ?

regards

Rafal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct, but i do not want to establish the proforma invoice process, because the volume of such invoices is not too high.

But beacuse those invoices are created as any other invoice they ¨"hang" in the system as not released to accounting.

The value of the invoice is 0 "ZERO" dollars so Of course we cannot issue the accounting document for such kind of invocie, beacuse the value is 0,00. But the invoice is still there.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Ok. But why you need invoices with ZERO ?

Please explain what is the background for such invoices.

regards

Rafal

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a kind of a special sales process where material can be sold at "0" price, so those invoices are only for custom purpouses and they do not have any value, and such invoice will never be replaced by invoice with value in future.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok.

Wouldn't it be better to perform like this:

PR00 = XX USD (price for the product)

ZX00 = - 100% (your condition with 100% discount)

Final price for the product will be zero (as you wanted).

It means you have price XX for the product, but since you want to give it for ZERO, you simply add 100% discount for that.

On the invoice you will still have zero, but this invoice should be posted without errors.

regards

Rafal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

if the value of invoice is zero then even if you will create standard invoice then also no accountin doc will generate. System will prompt message like no accounting document is required. Please check and confirm.

Thanks,

raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rafal,

We thaught of this solution but want to use it as a final option if we will not be able to find any easiest method. That is the reason i am trying seek advices from friends

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assuming that you remove price condition from the procedure and you create an invoice, you will be able to do this.

Please make sure that the condition is not required.

You have invoice with ZERO value.

You cannot use "ReleaseToAccounting" (will be grayed), and I think Ravi is not correct saying you should see "no accounting document is required". Its not true, because when I created such invoice for testing I see status is "C" and not "D"

"D" means that biiling document is not relevant for accounting (only in this case you should see message mentioned by Ravi).

If invoices with status "C" are ok for you then no problem, but if you don't need this then probably better is solution I proposed.

Maybe somebody else have another idea.

Regards

Rafal

Edited by: Rafal Drezek on Jul 9, 2009 12:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

I just created one scenario, but i do not see any message like such. Are there any settings that need to be made ?

Thanks

Ravi