Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Notes or Remarks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having the following scenario.

Document creation with attaching original file then it will go to concern person for review. After checking and reviewing that concern person wants to put comments or remarks before sending for approval.

He dont want to write remarks on the attached doc but would like to mentioned somewhere.

How can we achieve this?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rob_cells
Explorer
0 Kudos

I don't agree with using the status field to record notes, you can only put in a few letters so it is no use.

We've done this before for multiple reviewers. We decided to use the GOS (generic object services) Notes functionality, together with custom ABAP routines to apply authorisations on notes and collation of notes for final approval. It works well.

Another method would be to introduce a review status and use MS Office's track changes capability. We also recommend the inclusion of a document administrator who manages formatting in the approval process. Track changes can be reviewed, accepted or rejected, and then the final copy released.

Another method is to add a separate document to the DIR that includes the notes. The file format is anything that works e.g. Word, Notepad etc.

Hope this helps.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1. u could use staus log field is manditory field in DC10, define document status. u set this for release statuse.

while the person release he can add his comments. this will store separetely.

2. if u want serch your comment use cv04, enter status field 'RL' released.

system will list released DIR, u can select DIR and select statuse log.

note: i think u have to set signature. then u will get note pad in that u can enter note.

Benakaraja

??P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the response.

As the review status is not the final status in my status network hence it wont be a locked staus and I cant have dig signature for that.

Status log field has the character limitation. If I want to write in detail remark, Is it possible to increase character limitation of the status log field?

Regards

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Yogesh,

u can try by configuring DMS in SPRO,

While Saveing document info record u can add some messages to DIR for that u need

Settings in Customizing Document Management -

>Messages [ this will Send message via message control]

Benakaraja

??P

Former Member
0 Kudos

use the redling functionality.........

will be helpful ................to give comment on drawings .........but KPro functionality is required for this ..

Regards

SURYA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

I am aware about the redlining functionality..We are not using the drawings over here.. Documents are mostly word and pdf files.

Thanks

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

I think u may keep the review status as locked while the documnet is being reviewed.

If some one needs to make changes to the document, u may provide one status which needs to be set for making changes in the document after review and after making the changes to the document, the status should be changed back to review.

This method will help if user wants to make the comments outside the documents.

If user wants to make the comments for specific lines or items inside the document, it is better if u suggest them to use the MS Word or PDF review functionality.

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhi,

I will try and let u know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to add comment /remark while changing the satatus use status log field.

This status field has a limitations about the char but would suffice for comments.

Regards

Abhijit A. pachgade