cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

result field in the QE51N and its usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

There is this field in QE51N called u201CResultu201D (i.e. basically result recording for either summarize and single result).

Pressing on the F1 button, the explanation on the documentation said

Summarized results can be:
u2022 The mean value
u2022 An attribute code (possible entries help is available for this)
u2022 The number of nonconforming units
u2022 The number of defects

Single results can be:
u2022 A single result
u2022 An attribute code (possible entries help is available for this)
u2022 A valuation (possible entries help is available for this)
u2022 The number of defects

My questions are the followingu2026.

Summarized results:

u2022 The mean value (How do I know that the value entered or the value going to enter is belonging to this category?)

u2022 An attribute code (This one I know because there is option button for you to choose the code value from the catalog)

u2022 The number of nonconforming units (How do I know that the value entered or the value going to enter is belonging to this category?)

u2022 The number of defects (How do I know that the value entered or the value going to enter is belonging to this category?)

Single results:

u2022 A single result (How do I know that the value entered or the value going to enter is belonging to this category?)

u2022 An attribute code (This one I know because there is option button for you to choose the code value from the catalog)

u2022 A valuation (How do I know that the value entered or the value going to enter is belonging to this category?)

u2022 The number of defects (How do I know that the value entered or the value going to enter is belonging to this category?)

Pardon asking a weird question like this because I have an inspection lot which consists of two MICs and both are quantitative with one single recording and another summarize recording. Both MIC is using valuation code u201C100 attributive inspection nonconf Unitu201D in the sampling procedure.

During result recording in QE51N, I donu2019t know whether the value I enters on the u201CResultu201D field is mean, nonconforming units, defect, valuation, or single result?

Thanks

YY

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yong

1 ) For summarised recording you cannot give single atribute codes. You have to decide whether you have to enter pass or fail . if it is single recording you can give for all 4 sample individual values

2) I am not clear on " A valuation " - May be accepted. Please explain where you got this

regards

Gajesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

I am now clear on the u201CMEAN valueu201D, u201CThe number of nonconforming unitsu201D, and u201CThe number of defectsu201D on summarize recording; and on the u201CSingle Resultu201D, u201CAttribute Codeu201D, and u201CThe number of defectsu201D on the single result recording.

However, two questions:

1 u2013 How do I determine the Attribute Code value to enter for summarize recording on the following scenario.

Sample size----

Attribute Code (Color)

1----

pass

2----

fail

3----

fail

4----

pass

What summarized value I should give it for this 4 sample size?

2 - What is u201CA valuationu201D for single recording means?

Thanks

YY

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yong

If you have testing like checking the diameter of a ring with a specification as 5mm(lower) - 6mm Traget - 7 mmuppoer limit

You will record value indivial values - like 5.2, 6.1,7.1,5.1

1) For summarised recording you have to caluculate the average by yourself and put the value in QE51N. That is why it is called as Summarised Recording.

2) For single recording you can enter all the individual values like i mentioned above. System will propose the average, outside spec values based on the specifications etc.

Please let me know your doubts

Regards

Gajesh