Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Container operations and abstract interfaces

Hi

At first, could somebody maybe refer to blogs about how to exploit fault messages in BPM? (how to generate an fault response when a exception is thrown and handled)

As I could not find a fast way to see how fault messages work in BPM I tried to solve the problem the other way... but run into a problem again. The question is: is it possible to assign values to some elements in an abstract interface type container? Like put into the message a processing code, processing time or some other informative text.

In a more technical way: container operation allows only the whole container to be the target of the operation, while one can use any part of an container (of abstract interface) to use as the source of operation. Is it also possible to assign a value to a element in abstract interface?

Waiting for any ideas...

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi, Heiko!

Just as an idea - you can make two mappings:

1) Mapping <i>CreateErrorCode</i> - create an error code in some simple abstract interface (<b>MI_Error</b>, one node, type <i>string</i>, for example)

You need so many mappings as you have your codes, but they are simple.

2) Mapping from two interfaces - <b>MI_Error</b> and your <b>MI_Response</b> message - into one, <b>MI_Response</b> - with error code into the message.

So, if you set them into one line of integration process - you will have a possibility to set error code by setting different first step mapping.

Best regards, Alexej.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question