where can I find error.pdf

Many thanks for answer!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jiri,

Error.pdf - Adobe Rendering Error

This error occur when failure to create a PDF or failure to print a PDF-based form.

You can see this ERROR.PDF on the ADS server.

It is stored on the ADS Server in <DIR_GLOBAL>\AdobeDocumentService\renderErrorlog\ErrorFiles, under the file name <DateTimeApplicationName+Username>.pdf, exactly specified in TRACE.xml

By

Parthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

many thanks for very useful answer, I have found this path, but directory is empty and I"m getting error:

WebDynpro Exception: The ADS call has failed. You can find information about the cause in the error.pdf on the application server

Do I need switch on logging for ADS on my Java server?

Many thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

you may also check ST22 on the backend - it may show some details if there was a failure on the ABAP side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, many thanks for answer. On ABAP side, I'm very string and I know where I can search. But on JAVA side, I can't find error.pdf....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check configuration settings

To call the document services from a Java Web Dynpro application, a Web service client must have been configured properly on the appropriate host.

1. Start the Visual Administrator and select the node Server <x> / Services / Web Services Security from the Cluster tab.

2. On the Web Services tab page in the right frame, select Security Configuration / Web Service Clients / sap.com / tcwdpdfobject / com.sap.tc.webdynpro.adsproxy.AdsProxy*ConfigPort_Document.

The following attributes should have been set accordingly if no SLD is used (tab Transport Security):

○ Destination

■ URL: Default or Custom, http://[host]:[port]/AdobeDocumentServices/Config?style=document (e.g. http://localhost:50000/...) or .. https://[host]:[port]/AdobeDocumentServicesSec/Config?style=document if the connection uses SSL.

■ Authentication: select BASIC or X.509 Client Certificate

If BASIC is selected, Basic Authentication / Username and Basic Authentication / Password must refer to the user who has been assigned to the security role ADSCaller within the Web AS Java hosting the document services.

If X.509 Client Certificate is marked, the fields Client Certificate Authentication / Keystore view and Client Certificate Authentication / Certificate have to be completed with the appropriate values).

the connection to the document services uses the SLD, the attributes should be set as follows:

○ Destination / URL: SLD

○ Synchronize with System Landscape

■ System Name: [SID].SystemHome.[host]

■ WS Name: {com.adobe/AdobeDocumentServices}{AdobeDocumentServicesAssembly.jar}

■ WS Port: {com.adobe/AdobeDocumentServices}{AdobeDocumentServicesAssembly.jar}{Adobe

DocumentServices}ConfigPort_Document

The PDF object has to be restarted if any changes have been applied to the Web service proxy. Select the node Server <x> / Services / Deploy from the Cluster tab within the Visual Administrator and choose the Application option within the right frame. Select sap.com/tcwdpdfobject and then stop and start this application using the appropriate buttons.

By

Parthi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have no problem with configuring ADS, but one of my forms(in Web dynpro ABAP) gives me this error:

WebDynpro Exception: Der Aufruf des ADS schlug fehl. Informationen zur Ursache finden Sie im error.pdf auf dem Applikationsserver

Where I can find error.pdf file on my java server?

Many thans for answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Explain in detail..what you have done in your WDA Application?....

By

Parthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have my small web dynpro application with interactive form placed in it. Everything was OK. Last week I have to change layout of my form:

I change layout of my form (change some texts, add buttons....), activate change without any error. But after showing form in my webdynpro application, there is NO change in layout of my form, still old layout is showing. Where should be error?

If I uncheck "Allow Form Rendering To Be Cached on Server" in Performance tab in Form Properties in layout editor in SE80, only ADS error (WebDynpro Exception: Der Aufruf des ADS schlug fehl. Informationen zur Ursache finden Sie im error.pdf auf dem Applikationsserver) is showed instead of my form in my webdynpro application.

Error from ADS is: com.adobe.ProcessingException: No output was generated while rendering: Stream for: PDFOut.(200.101)

Where is error.pdf located on my application server JAVA?

Many thanks for answer!

Former Member
0 Kudos

As has been pointed out above, the ERROR.PDF file is not actually called that.

They are here and look like this:

01> pwd

/sapmnt/DP1/global/AdobeDocumentServices/renderErrorLog/errorFiles

02> ls

2012.05.18.120427SAFPRDAY.pdf  2012.05.18.120815SAFPRDAY.pdf

03>

However, you might need to set a parameter in Visual Administrator to get them to appear.

• Navigate to server/Document Services Configuration
  • Select tab Runtime/Misc
  • Error PDF Quota Size (MB):
    • This parameter might be set to zero, so no logs are created.
    • Set it to, say, 10 then click Apply
    • Now, rerun your test to see your logs.