cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putaway to Fixed Storage Bin with Bulk Storage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

My question is regarding putaway strategies with bulk storage.

The business requirement is for only 1 large bin per material. There will not be multiple bins for a single material. Therefore, I wish to define the exact storage bin a material will be putaway to and I don't want it to go to other 'empty' bins of the same storage type.

I have set the storage bin in the material master WM view.

The Bulk Storage putaway strategy is ignoring the bin I set in the material master. However, it is finding the correct storage type so my storage type search strategy is fine.

What are the steps to ensure that the Bulk putaway strategy will only propose a specific bin?

Kind Regards

Edd Johnson

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

005 is the standard Storage Type for Fixed Storage stratergy and this can be checked under the following path.

Logistics Execution>Warehouse Management>Master Data-->Define Storage Type

Also check for the following

Prerequisites

When you define the storage type record to use this strategy,

Enter f in the Putaway strategy field.

Enter x in the Addition to stock field to allow for addition to existing stock.

Enter a numeric code for the type of checking in the Capacity check method field to activate

capacity checking.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply but I need to know how to make this scenario work with the BULK putaway strategy

Cheers

Edd

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If i read your last sentence in the first question... you said "Bulk putaway strategy will only propose a specific bin? . Yes It propose a specific bin with respect to bin created with bin type and material pallet qty but not material specific ( fixed for that bin) in the bulk strategy. SAP WM Bulk putaway strategy means a bulk storage type which has different bintypes which directs suitable bins based on the pallet qty.

Coming to your requirement I understood you need to have a fixed bin and should maintain the max qty in the material master. So in your search strategy you should have first Fixed storage type and then it goes to other storage type bins once it cross the max qty of that bin with that material....

thanks... tkreddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Thanks for your help. My question has been answered

I found that standard configuration would not find a specific storage bin for a bulk material that was assigned in the MM01/MM02 Warehouse Management view of the material.

Instead we had to activate the user exit in the Storage Type.

We activated user exit EXIT_SAPLL03A_001. Exit MWMTO003 Own stock placement strategy

The program then found the LGPLA field (storage bin) from the table MLGT for the material/warehouse/storage type in the MLGT table

Thanks again

Edd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Specify a different storage section for each Bin and maintain corresponding storage section indicator for each material and set up storage section search accordingly. Then you should be able to putaway in a specific Bin for a specific material.

Thanks

Vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether the storage bin mentioned in the material master is blocked or not.

ALSO LX05 is used to block storage bins in Bulk Storage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the storage type control:

Set 'Mixed storage to 'B' and 'Adn to Stock' to 'X'

Also make sure SU management is active.

Thanks

Vinod.

Edited by: Funko Technical on Jul 10, 2009 3:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vinod

This configuration is already in place and is also a general setting for bulk configuration

Do you have any information specific to my issue?

Regards

Edd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Give the proper Bulk storage indicatr in Material master. Give more number of stacks against your storage bin type, storage unit type & Bulk storage indicatr in IMG-LE-WM-Strategies-Putaway Strategies-Define Strategy for Bulk Storage-Define Block structure.

Nagesh