Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Dummy Profit Center in New GL

Hello Gurus,

I am going to implement Profit Center Accounting in New GL for the first time. Here I am faced with a dilemma regarding the requisite configuration.

Firstly, I am having to 'Maintain Controlling Area Settings' [OKE5]. Here I am required to input the Dummy Profit Center. Say, Dummy Profit Center is 9000.

Secondly, since 'Document Splitting' is activated and 'Profit Center' is selected as a splitting characteristics. Again a 'Profit Center' is defined as a constant. Lets say the defined constant 'Profit Center' is 9999.

Now, my confusion is:-

a) If in a line item the 'Profit Center' is not manually input, will it be filled up by 9000 (Dummy Profit Center) or 9999 (Constant Profit Center).

b) Suppose if I dont define a Dummy Profit Center, will my 'Maintain Controlling Area Settings' be complete?

c) If the option 'b' does not complete 'Maintain Controlling Area Settings' and I have to populate it with a Dummy Profit Center, then, if in the next step I dont assign the Dummy Profit Center in 3KEH, then, will only the 'Constant Profit Center' be populated in a line item with missing Profit Center?

Would be really thankful and grateful, if someone helps me to solve this confusion of mine.

Regards,

Debojit Dey

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi,

If you use the concept of constant option in New GL, for all FI postings Dummy profit center as a part of CO configuration becomes redundant. However dummy profit center still is required as there may be few postings with in CO itself for which there might not have been any profit center derivation.

Regards

Sudhakar Reddy

1 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question