cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dummy Profit Center in New GL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am going to implement Profit Center Accounting in New GL for the first time. Here I am faced with a dilemma regarding the requisite configuration.

Firstly, I am having to 'Maintain Controlling Area Settings' [OKE5]. Here I am required to input the Dummy Profit Center. Say, Dummy Profit Center is 9000.

Secondly, since 'Document Splitting' is activated and 'Profit Center' is selected as a splitting characteristics. Again a 'Profit Center' is defined as a constant. Lets say the defined constant 'Profit Center' is 9999.

Now, my confusion is:-

a) If in a line item the 'Profit Center' is not manually input, will it be filled up by 9000 (Dummy Profit Center) or 9999 (Constant Profit Center).

b) Suppose if I dont define a Dummy Profit Center, will my 'Maintain Controlling Area Settings' be complete?

c) If the option 'b' does not complete 'Maintain Controlling Area Settings' and I have to populate it with a Dummy Profit Center, then, if in the next step I dont assign the Dummy Profit Center in 3KEH, then, will only the 'Constant Profit Center' be populated in a line item with missing Profit Center?

Would be really thankful and grateful, if someone helps me to solve this confusion of mine.

Regards,

Debojit Dey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a) If in a line item the 'Profit Center' is not manually input, will it be filled up by 9000 (Dummy Profit Center) or 9999 (Constant Profit Center).

Ans: by constant profit center if your item category

b) Suppose if I dont define a Dummy Profit Center, will my 'Maintain Controlling Area Settings' be complete?

Ans: Controlling area is not going to be complete without dummy profit center

c) If the option 'b' does not complete 'Maintain Controlling Area Settings' and I have to populate it with a Dummy Profit Center, then, if in the next step I dont assign the Dummy Profit Center in 3KEH, then, will only the 'Constant Profit Center' be populated in a line item with missing Profit Center?

ans: 3keh is used not to specify the dummy profit center rather to default the fixed profit center. Eg: General Reserve Balance sheet should always pickup the corportate profit center. This u mention in 3keh. but not for dummy profit center or constant profit center.

Regards,

Sudhakar Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Firstly my heart felt thanks a lot for replying to my query.

I have just another question before I can close this thread.

So, after implementing New GL, is the requirement of creating a Dummy Profit Center only there to complete the 'Maintain Controlling Area Settings' ? In other words, has it now become obsolete or has it still some usefullness.

Thanks Again,

Regards,

Debojit Dey

former_member212013
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP do not recommend the Activation of PCA after implementation of New GL Accounting (refer to OSS Note. No. 826357), as it leads to accumulation of huge data in old PCA, and leads to double maintenance of PCA and New GL.

So you don't have to configure controlling area settings or to activate PCA in Controlling if you are working on a new SAP implementation project. And off course no need of entering Dummy Profit Center.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you use the concept of constant option in New GL, for all FI postings Dummy profit center as a part of CO configuration becomes redundant. However dummy profit center still is required as there may be few postings with in CO itself for which there might not have been any profit center derivation.

Regards

Sudhakar Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Thanks a lot for sharing your insight regarding this issue. I think my query has been satisfactorily answered.

Thanks again for taking time apart from your busy schedule for answering my query. Thanks a lot.

Take Care,

Regards,

Debojit Dey

Answers (0)