cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMARTFORM Font Gap in Spool Request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Currently, user is creating Purchase Order in two ways; one is creating a spool request, and send for printing (via TCODE SP01), another way is generating Purchase Order into PDF form.

However, there is a different between PDF format and spool request format, where the font is different in gap. E.g.

PDF format:

The words 'Purchase Order' is printed nicely in PDF, so this format has no issue.

Spool Request format:

The words 'Purchase Order' is printed with a little bit gap, e.g. 'P u r c h a s e O r d e r', when I print-preview via TCODE SP01.

Both PDF and Spool Request are using the same SMARTFORMS, but there is a little bit gap between the letters for Spool Request format. The font family that I'm using is 'Helvetica'.

Can someone share what is the root cause of the above issue? Is it because of the printer device, if so, any step-by-step resolution?

Many thanks for your time.

Regards,

Patrick

<br />

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It might be a printer issue , check if u r using the same printer for both PDF & Spool Request for a print preview..

Regards,

Kumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

there is a difference between the printerdriver choosen for the pdf and the printerdriver which formats it into the spool.

If you have some basis guys around. They must be able to fix it.

Gr., Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have forwarded this issue to BASIS team to have a look, hopefully they can come out with some positive results (I doubt it should be printer driver issue).

Thanks everyone for your suggestion.

Regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Printer output was printed nicely after installing printer driver.

Thanks and best regards,

Patrick

alex_m
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even I had the same issue, check the below..

1. Whethere both the cases the printer is same or diferent?.

2. If its a diferent printer check the properties in SPAD.

3. Work with your BASIS guy for this issue.