cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection scope in the control indicator of MIC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

There is one field in the Result Recording Screen (i.e. QE51N) called u201CInspectedu201D which means the actual number of inspected sample unit. Understand from the SAP help that I can control the inspection scope of the value to be entered into this field value via the control indicator in the inspection characteristic of the following option buttons under the inspection scope:

1 u2013 Scope not fixed  during result recording, I can key in any value

2 u2013 Fixed Scope

3 u2013 Smaller Scope

4 u2013 Larger Scope.

May I know if my understanding on above description is correct?

For example, the sample size computed in the inspection lot is 25 kg

1 u2013 Scope not fixed => during result recording, I can inspect any quantity and can key in any value in the u201CInspectedu201D field. Correct?

2 u2013 Fixed Scope => during result recording, I must inspected 25kg and must key in 25kg in the u201CInspectedu201D field. Correct?

3 u2013 Smaller Scope => during result recording, the number of the inspected unit can be smaller than 25 kg, but I can choose to inspect unit more than 25kg and enter more than 25kg into the u201Cinspectedu201D field. Correct?

4 u2013 Larger Scope => during result recording, the number of the inspected unit can be larger than 25 kg, but I can choose to inspect unit smaller than 25kg and enter more than 25kg into the u201Cinspectedu201D field. Correct?

Thanks

YY

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear YY

This means if you have selected any scope other than Fixed scope will not valuate( pop up of Accept / Reject ) the results automtically. you will have to manauly do the valuation.

Regards

Gajesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajesh,

Thanks for your explaination.. however you mention the following:

But except for fixed scope the system does not perform a valuation for the inspection characteristic based on the number of nonconforming units or on the number of defects in the sample.

What did you mean? what does it mean the system does not perform a valuation for the inspection characteristic based on the number of ....?

Thanks

YY

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear YY

You are absolutely right

If you have a lot with sample size 5 with single recording attached to the MIC

So basically you will enter 5 results.

If you keep larger scope u2013 then you can enter results more than 5

If you have smaller scope u2013 you need not enter 5 results , you can short close the mic with lesser number of results

Fixed scope u2013 means you need to enter all the 5 results

Scope not fixed u2013 you can decide at the time of result recording how much you need to enter results.

But except for fixed scope the system does not perform a valuation for the inspection characteristic based on the number of nonconforming units or on the number of defects in the sample.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Gajesh