cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checkout records issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wanted to know that when we checkout the records in a workflow in MDM at the start step. Does this be a Exclusive or Non exclusive checkout??

I mean how does other users in the workflow edit the checkout record?can they just join the checkout or does the workflow owner needs to modify join permission?

Thanks

Simran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simran,

Checked out in workflow is Non-Exclusive i.e. as the workflow progresses the users assigned to the step needs to join the Checkout else the records would be available in read only form. while the users of other steps cannot join untill the their step becomes the current step of the workflow.

E.g.

Start -> Process(User - Test1) -> Approve(User - Test2) -> Process(User - Test3) -> Stop

As soon as workflow gets launched, it would be available in the inbox of user Test1 then the user Test1 manually has to join the Checkout. If user Test2 will try to join the checkout at this stage then he gets the error message saying you are not invited to join the checkout.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Thanks..

Say for eg i have imported a record and its triggered my workflow automatically and the record is checkout.

Now if i try to reimport this record again by performing update all mapped fields.

Will i be able to import this updated record already in the WF in the checkout state.

Thanks

Simran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simran,

In that situation your record will not get imported and Import manager will return the error message saying Some records failed to import

Import failed. Cannot import record into a workflow with checkout because the record is already in a workflow or is already checked out

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

In that case how does the Config option in IM "Auto Join Checkout" works.

should it not allow the import user to join the checkout and import the record.?

thanks

simran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simran,

Auto-Join Checked out records option is applicable when Checkout/Workflow option is set to Checkout. But when your record is in workflow, the value of this option would be ignored.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Thanks...

So you mean if i have launched my wf on import and set the option Auto join checkout to Yes.

Even then my Wf user has to right click and join the checkout for the record to work on the rec in the wf??

He will not be automatically joined to the checkout but will have to manually do so to work on it.

Plz confirm my understanding..

Thanks

Simran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simran,

Yes your understanding is correct. User has to manually Join the Checkout, only the owner of the workflow will get the permissions by default.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

I am facing a strange situation...

My record is checkout by the workflow on import.

As per your explanation.The user of the workflow task should be able to join the checkout and be able to modify the record.

However the user of the WF is viewing the record as a NON MEMBER(the checkout symbol with the red cross) and is not able to join the checkout.

On trying to join the checkout,he is getting the error msg"Insufficient rights"

I have given the user all necessary authorization in Console as well as given authorization through modify join permission.

Still the user is not able to join the checkout.

can you guide me as to why this is happening?

Thanks

Simran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simran,

Can you please let us know which MDM version you are using with complete build because yesterday i tried all these things on my MDM server version 5.5.61.48 but in the latest releases user need not to join the checkout manually for the checked out records in workflow.

For time being test your scenario with the users having Admin role.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

I am using the MDM version 5.5.62.63.

In my case the checkout in the WF is behaving like a Exclusive checkout.

As when the user is trying to work on the checkout records it is saying"You are not invited to the checkout"

And if i gve the user permission through the modify join permission.It is still giving an error

"Insufficient rights"

So in either case my WF user is not able to work on the checkout rec

Please suggest?

Thanks

Simran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simran,

I get this type of error when the flow has not yet reached to the user who is trying to Join the Checkout. Check this one.

Also assign the Admin role to the users you have used in workflow and kindly let me know your observation.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

The wf has reached the user and the user has accepted it.

Yet he is not able to join the checkout.

For my Server version as mentioned earlier.Does the User need o manually join the checkout or gets auto joined as teh WF task reaches him?

Thanks

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simran,

We have tried on 5.5.64.xx version which supports Auto Join feature and it is not required to manually join the cheked out record.

Have you tried with all the users having Admin role?

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198313
Contributor
0 Kudos

Non-exclusive checkout.

The Steps To join the checkout of records checked out by another user:

1. In the Records pane, select the checked out record(s) you want to join.

2. Right-click on one of the records and choose Check In/Out > Join Checkout from the context menu, or choose Records > Check In/Out > Join Checkout from the main menu.

3. MDM joins the checkout for the selected records by hiding the originals and making the duplicates visible and available for editing.

+ An

• This is not an official message and not related to my organization.