cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation of Backup is Failing - SQL Server 2005

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an ECC 6.0 System running on SQL2005 and i want to make sure that backup is taken automatically everyday at 01AM.

I have created a test job in SQL Server Agent and when i try to test the job by clicking on Start job at Step the job gets

started however during the execution time it fails with the following error which i have pasted below

Date 7/9/2009 10:19:35 AM

Log SQL Agent (Current - 7/9/2009 10:19:00 AM)

[136] Job TestBackup reported: Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Xmla.ConnectionException: A connection cannot be made. Ensure that the server is running. --->

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be

made because the target machine actively refused it

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP)

at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect(IPEndPoint remoteEP)

at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect(IPAddress address, Int32 port)

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Xmla.XmlaClient.GetTcpClientByAddress(String hostName, Int32 port)

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Xmla.XmlaClient.GetTcpClient(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Xmla.XmlaClient.GetTcpClient(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo)

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Xmla.XmlaClient.OpenTcpConnection(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo)

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Xmla.XmlaClient.Connec

Has any one seen this error before ????

Regards,

Ershad Ahmed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nibu,

Thanks for the reply .

I tried backing up my Solution Manager and i had the same issue.

I was able to fix the issue by changing the job definition.

Earlier the job was failing coz under steps of job

Type was SQL Server Analysis Services Command and i changed this to Transact-SQL script and below in the drop

down i had the option of selecting the database i selected the right one and when i ran the job it worked perfectly fine

and i see that the Backup has been taken sucessfully. However i would like to confirm if i did the right thing .

Regards,

Ershad Ahmed

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ershad,

Please check the below thread :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912017

Regards,

Nibu