Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Project import - Scheduling

Denis_Müller
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I have some problems with the MS Project Import.

The help i find is not really exactly.

Who to schedule during a MS Project import.

I mapped the fields for the import so for example the project definition object:

FINISH_DATE PDCP cProjects Project Definition FINISH_DATE_FIX

START_DATE PDCP cProjects Project Definition START_DATE_FIX

My project in MS Project has the start 11.11.2009 and the scheduled end 08.12.2009.

But when I import a project in cProjects I have a start date 09.07.2009, calculated start 09.07.2009 and calculated end 10.07.2009

on every object (task, project definition...) I have the wrong date after import.

what is the problem?

Edited by: Denis Müller on Jul 9, 2009 7:30 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are two options

Either you go for

1.  mapping duration of Task or Phases with acivity duration in MSP and pass only start date, 
system will calculate end date
or 
2.  try by using constraints, CONSTR_TYPE_FIN and CONSTRAINT_TYPE for start and end date,
for this you need Ms project to maintain values

let all know th support pack you are on

Niranjan

Let me know if it helps

Edited by: Niranjan Dandekar on Jul 9, 2009 11:38 AM

Edited by: Niranjan Dandekar on Jul 9, 2009 11:45 AM

Denis_Müller
Participant
0 Kudos

I don't know what information do you need:

cProjects 4.5 SP 6

MS Projects 2003 SP 3

I tested it and get an good result.

Now the fields "earliest start", "earliest finish", "latest start" and latest finish are filled but the field "start date" and "finish date" aren't filled.

I estimated that the fields "start date" and "finish date" are filled.

In MS Project I filled the fields "start" and "finish". So I think this fields should be filled in cProjects.

Is this expectation wrong? why?

Edited by: Denis Müller on Jul 14, 2009 12:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

If I am not wrong, the fields start and end date don't exist in cProjects, but earliest start/ finish and latest start /finish dates. Those dates are calculated everytime the project is scheduled.

cProjects scheduling works taking a base date (either start project date or end project date) and afterwards it calculates the rest of the dates of the project. If you want to work with fixed dates it's necessary to use constraints (must start / must finish).

When importing from MSProject it is important to state clearly that scheduling is not the same than in cProjects, so it will never be a mirror replica, but a way to import the main data into your collaboration tool.

Hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,

Neil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neil,

I want to add the earliest start and earliest finish dates to the tasks dashboard. In what table/structure or Bapi, can I find these two dates?

Thanks and best regards,

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

We would like that "Must Start" and "Must finish" dates for tasks would not be filled in cProjects when importing from MSProject Client.

In other words, we would like to upload an MSProject to cProjects WITHOUT any constraint dates.

Is this possible?

Thanks and best regards,

Fernando

Answers (0)