cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vendors work center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

there is a requirement, where when planning is done based on a sales order delivery date. the system should plan based on the available capacity in house. the requirement is the system should automatically propose how much of work should be offloaded to vendor to meet the customers delivery date. Is this functionality available in PPDS. Pls guide.

Thanks

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

To meet this requirement in PPDS, you need to define vendor as a separate location in APO. Separate

work centers and capacity also to be maintained.

You need to carry out finite capacity planning in PPDS using bottleneck resources. You need to set

priorities in modes either PDS/PPM for normal resources so that it will get loaded first.

After the normal resources are loaded, the excess load will be given to vendor resources.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

i tried what u have suggested by creating alternative sequence in r3 and alternate modes in ppds. but the system is scheduling only for standard mode. Pls let me know whether we need optimizer for this to happen automatically? and how to activate optimizer. Pls guide me further.

Thanks

vinay