cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate modes in PPDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

i have created alternate sequence in ECC this is transferred to APO as modes. when planning in APO it takes standard sequence always for planning. now my requirement is if the load is already there for the standard sequence/mode the system has to automatically schedule to the alternate sequence. but now this can be done only manually which my client is not accepting. Pls let me know if there is anyway where we can overcome this problem.

Regards

vinay

Edited by: vinay on Jul 9, 2009 7:01 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

The following link will take you to the detailed steps for PPDS Optimisation

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/b0/360c428610cc17e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vinay

if you want to do multimode planning in PPDS using heuristics. You can try the use heuristic SAP_REM_002 which is multi resource planning ( primary res). It will first do planning on the main resouce for 100% utilisation and then plan on the other resources which have lower mode priority in the same PPM. You will also have to set the strategy profile for finite planning. i.e use find aslot as the scheduling mode.

Do let me know in case of any further clarification

-Regards

Virender S Thakur

Former Member
0 Kudos

In PPDS this is not possible, because it always plan on standard sequence.

you can do one thing , use ppds optimisation , after ppds planning run, during optimisation it will switch over to alternate sequence.

revert if you need any help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear montuvg

Its a good suggestion. but we are not using optimizer in our implementation. Can u pls guide how to activate optimizer and the settings required.

Thanks

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

transaction is /sapapo/cdpsc5, you can copy from optimisation profile sap001,

you can use at it is sap001 also.

after you open the optimisation proflie you can explore the functionality.

but i think you dont need to change anything expect optimisation horizon.

you can call this optimisation in last step of planning run.

if you further need any help please revert back.